Etremely strange delay issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olfenite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I have two televisions in two separate rooms where if I am standing in the right spot I can see what is on both televisions. On one set I have a 722K, the other is a 211K with an external HDD drive.

I am watching the Rangers-Brewers game on Fox Sports Southwest (channel 416) in HD on both televisions.

When the game is on, the picture and audio match each other perfectly. But when the commercials start the craziness happens. Each receiver starts the commercials at different times, up to nearly 3 seconds apart. They're the same commercials and both of them are 'live' (not rewound), but the 211K starts the commercial 3 seconds earlier than the 722K.

When it goes back to the game it matches again, no delay on either of them.

It is a bit annoying, so I am wondering how to resolve this issue, or at least understand how this is even possible. Thank you.

First complaint I've ever heard of commercials being out of sync.

Now the 722K is about 3/4th of a second ahead of the 211K on commercials. The game is not having any delays, but the commercials still are.

It's just bizarre. I would not had even thought this to be possible.

Seriously, no offense intended...why does it bother you so much??

Seriously, no offense intended...why does it bother you so much??

No offense taken.

The volume is turned up on both TVs and it is bothering other people in the house when they hear the geico gecko talking over itself (or any commercial, really).

And also it just intrigues me that the channel is different on two separate TVs while the game turns on at the same time for both.

I didn't think what you describe is possible either!

Is one receiver on SD, while the other is on the "same" HD channel? One receiver on EA, the other on WA? Nascent autohop present in the 722k? Is the lip sync correct on the commercials on the 722, or 211?

Is one receiver on SD, while the other is on the "same" HD channel? One receiver on EA, the other on WA? Nascent autohop present in the 722k? Is the lip sync correct on the commercials on the 722, or 211?

If one was on HD and the other on SD then everything would be out of sync including the game. This seems very odd.

They were both in HD. It is EA. No lip sync issues whatsoever. Only the commercials were not synced as the game would not have any delay.

I'll watch for it again the next time the Rangers are on.

I have heard the delay between two satellite receivers on the same channel during the show that they would be on and it does get annoying sometimes hearing the echo's. Sometimes it sounds kinda cool though if there is not much delay, kind of like a theatre / surround sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)