Euronews ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I remember a few years back I was able to get Euro News in English and German on 97W. Are they still around on another Sat these day's?.
It was a good channel at that time.

A satellite with cheaper air time then 97 west? NPS might want to move there and uplink some real channels.

Wow that was a cool channel at 121w, where my Cband is parked at.. Too bad now its history.

I refuse to pay for TV. If its not in the clear I am no longer interested in watching it.

Far to many choices and then when you throw in the internet it makes the whole idea of encrypting TV seem pointless.

I refuse to pay for TV. If its not in the clear I am no longer interested in watching it.

Far to many choices and then when you throw in the internet it makes the whole idea of encrypting TV seem pointless.

There's been a lot of brash talk from the cable and related industries. Seems they think the multichannel subscription business model is going to do just fine on the Internet. Maybe. We'll see.

It will be interesting to see how the "Cable TV" Industry adapts. My prediction is that at some point they will realize there bandwidth is far more valuable as IP packet space vs digital video.

Consider this; I pay 50 a month for internet and ZERO for television. When third party IPTV is a reality and more importantly 45 megabytes down internet is common place, I could see the mass exodus of current Cable TV subscribers going to an ala carte IPTV provider.

It will be interesting to see how the "Cable TV" Industry adapts. My prediction is that at some point they will realize there bandwidth is far more valuable as IP packet space vs digital video.

Consider this; I pay 50 a month for internet and ZERO for television. When third party IPTV is a reality and more importantly 45 megabytes down internet is common place, I could see the mass exodus of current Cable TV subscribers going to an ala carte IPTV provider.

Oh yes, very interesting to see how they adapt. Comcast buying NBC, what does that portend?

Status
Please reply by conversation.