Eurovison Song Contest 2012 Grand Finale Live from Baku - May 26, 3PM EDT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VO1ONE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
I know there's been interest here in the past so I thought I'd put a reminder out there that Eurovision is on this afternoon starting at 3pm Eastern (2100 CET). You can watch it live on 97W on a few channels including TRT, TVRi, BVN, and perhaps others. For those who have never seen or have heard of Eurovision before, it's an annual international song competition where each participating country has their own local competitions to choose a song for the international competition. ABBA was on Eurovision years ago. The commentary will be in the language of whatever channel you choose along with English from the presenters themselves. Most of the songs are in English but can be in other languages as well.

Yes! I will be watching live online from the Eurovision website.

Sorry BVN isn't on 97W anymore and is showing it tonight at 9PM IIRC. Looks like TRT Turk 11960V 22000 has the best picture and sound quality.
This Albanian woman really hurt my ears though!!

BVN showed the semifinals delayed at 8 PM EDT on their respective days, but I haven't checked what time they're running the final tonight. In case you haven't watched it lately, BVN is widescreen now and has a good bit-rate. I'm watching it live on TVRi and the picture breaks up badly on fast movement, plus I think the audio is out of sync but I'm not sure if it's my receiver or the channel. I'll have to check out TRT next year if I want to watch it live. (Before I had an FTA dish, I watched it on eurovision.tv, but my internet connection has been sucking lately.)

Sorry BVN isn't on 97W anymore and is showing it tonight at 9PM IIRC. Looks like TRT Turk 11960V 22000 has the best picture and sound quality.
This Albanian woman really hurt my ears though!!

lol I thought so too..... Really enjoyed the show, Sweden wasn't my favorite though.

I only discovered this during the voting, but there was a 1080i MPEG4 feed with no additional commentary on 95W Ku! I have no idea who it was for, since I haven't heard of anyone in America broadcasting it.

BTW the replay is on BVN right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts