Eutelsat W2 and Hotbird

Status
Please reply by conversation.

germansal

Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Hi all
I am tring to get Eutelsat w2 at 16.0E but I can't seem to find it. I get hotbird at 13.0 E and Astra at 19.2 E . Is it in the same cluster as Hotbird ? I'm tring to get some Romanian T.V for a co-worker. I also used Dishpointer.com to help find it but no luck
Please Help
Sal

Hi all
I am tring to get Eutelsat w2 at 16.0E but I can't seem to find it. I get hotbird at 13.0 E and Astra at 19.2 E . Is it in the same cluster as Hotbird ? I'm tring to get some Romanian T.V for a co-worker. I also used Dishpointer.com to help find it but no luck
Please Help
Sal
I think you have to be at S.E coast of florida with a really big dish to pick those sats up.

Hi all
Please Help
Sal

I am not sure what size dish you will need for those satellites you listed, I wish I could help more.... There is a "FTA Support Forum" here at Satelliteguys that may be a better place to ask your question. The guy's in the FTA forum are really knowledgeable.

Good Luck!

yep it's going to depend on where you are. We would need to know your location before we can tell you if you even can get that satellite.

Nevermind, now that I read your post if you can see those satellites you should be able to see that one. Are you working with a motorized setup or a stationary one?

Last edited:
Hey we don't get to talk to to many from out of the States - welcome. Figured you were somewhere over seas. Now, you say you can get two other birds around that satellite.....are you using a motorized dish or a stationary one? If you just can't see it on your meter I would say maybe check another transponder. If you can't see it on your satellite receiver, I would suggest looking at your elevation.

Ku signals in my humble opinion are the hardest to pick up - you sound really close. It's probably something very simple you need to fix

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)