Evansville Paducah Davenport Delay?

are Ft Worth, TX locals on a national or spotbeam transponder? cause they are the same time zone as me, and i have a address there i could 'move' to.. also, would my locals on ota still have correct guide info, or would that end if i 'move' the locals to ft worth?

Well guy's in Davenport....I am getting more and more calls every day asking me to go ahead and put up an outdoor antennas so our residents can get the locals in HD......People are just getting upset now as the anticipation is being replaced with disgust.

Today I had a customer in Bettendorf that was so upset that he can't get the locals in HD, He threatened to cancel his DN service. He was very excited to have me put up an antenna. I gave him a free MT2 OTA Module for his 722. Scanned all of the channels and we were good to go. He didn't realize that he could have the local channels show up on his guide.

Last week I ordered 20 more outdoor antennas and just got them delivered UPS last night. I had a sneaky feeling that dish wasn't going to come through.

If I had to make a uneducated guess on when dish will "turn on" the HD locals in Davenport, I would have to say.... middle of 2010?....:)

Last edited:
Well guy's in Davenport....I am getting more and more calls every day asking me to go ahead and put up an outdoor antennas so our residents can get the locals in HD......People are just getting upset now as the anticipation is being replaced with disgust.

Today I had a customer in Bettendorf that was so upset that he can't get the locals in HD, He threatened to cancel his DN service. He was very excited to have me put up an antenna. I gave him a free MT2 OTA Module for his 722. Scanned all of the channels and we were good to go. He didn't realize that he could have the local channels show up on his guide.

Last week I ordered 20 more outdoor antennas and just got them delivered UPS last night. I had a sneaky feeling that dish wasn't going to come through.

If I had to make a uneducated guess on when dish will "turn on" the HD locals in Davenport, I would have to say.... middle of 2010?....:)

So, can these outdoor antennas be mounted to the dish or do they need a separate location? Can they be diplexed into the sat signal?

So, can these outdoor antennas be mounted to the dish or do they need a separate location? Can they be diplexed into the sat signal?

Yes, They can be mounted to the dish. I use a special adapter that secures it to a small pole and attaches to the back of the dish. And Yes, It can be diplexed. Diplexing the antenna and satellite signal is common practice with Dish Network equipment.

Check your signals on 1-16 on 129 (give it time to lock) You might be surprised what you can get.

TP - Strength
01 - 0
02 - 6
03 - 12
04 - 11
05 - 13
06 - 23
07 - 12
08 - 18
09 - 0
10 - 46
11 - 0
12 - 50
13 - 26
14 - 21
15 - 50 (but sits at "Name Not Acquired!")
16 - 34

Nashville works for me FWIW.
What signal strength are you getting? It looks like its on TP14, but 21 seems a bit low. I think St. Louis is on TP 10 where I get 46. Maybe its time to be a St. Louis resident?

Yes, They can be mounted to the dish. I use a special adapter that secures it to a small pole and attaches to the back of the dish. And Yes, It can be diplexed. Diplexing the antenna and satellite signal is common practice with Dish Network equipment.

actually, it can only be diplexed IF you are NOT using a amplifier.. it a amp is sued, a new rg6 is required..

actually, it can only be diplexed IF you are NOT using a amplifier.. it a amp is sued, a new rg6 is required..

Good point all tho I have never seen an amp get sued before.... :)
But your right.

I don't think I have ever used a amplifier, The Antennas just seem to work better with no amp....(My opinion) And if I do feel that a amp would benefit the signal, I will do it after the diplexer.

TP - Strength
01 - 0
02 - 6
03 - 12
04 - 11
05 - 13
06 - 23
07 - 12
08 - 18
09 - 0
10 - 46
11 - 0
12 - 50
13 - 26
14 - 21
15 - 50 (but sits at "Name Not Acquired!")
16 - 34

What signal strength are you getting? It looks like its on TP14, but 21 seems a bit low. I think St. Louis is on TP 10 where I get 46. Maybe its time to be a St. Louis resident?

TP 12 and 10 - SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Probably your best bet..

You probably have decent signal on the 110 SD spotbeam for St Louis also.
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W

TP 14 bounces from 24-26 for me.

Any particular reason you went with Nashville instead of St. Louis?

Edit: Hmm.. Nashville SD locals appear to be on 110 TP 23 and I get a signal strength of 48. Would be nice since 129 always goes out before 110 during heavy rain.

Any particular reason you went with Nashville instead of St. Louis?

Edit: Hmm.. Nashville SD locals appear to be on 110 TP 23 and I get a signal strength of 48. Would be nice since 129 always goes out before 110 during heavy rain.

Just remember your RSN's will be affected by the "move". Would really make a difference for me .... I would have to stay in iowa to get the 3 RSN's I currently get.

OTA video and guide info works fine...not sure what would happen if you moved time zones though, since your receiver would be on a different time and your OTA would be on another. Wonder how that works out for people that get their locals in one time zone but can pick up a DMA via OTA across the timezone line.

@ryotgz
I know someone in the Nashville market. I live next to them. :) It doesn't matter. Don't forget about NFL games if you're a fan.

OTA video and guide info works fine...not sure what would happen if you moved time zones though, since your receiver would be on a different time and your OTA would be on another. Wonder how that works out for people that get their locals in one time zone but can pick up a DMA via OTA across the timezone line.

Both St Louis & Nashville are in the same time zone we're in now, but would be interesting to know how it works if they weren't.

As for RSN's, I don't watch a whole lot of sports so it wouldn't really impact me. Just to clarify, I would change my service address and keep the billing address the same correct? How does it work with DHPP and needing a replacement receiver?

Last edited:
for the davenport area people, i think the best 'move' would have to be to cedar rapids. heck, down here in burlngton, cedar rapids is about the same distance away then davenport... but i have a address i could use in ft worth, so i am not sure which way i would go..

I'm going to attempt the wing dish at first, but if no line of sight. Its time to pack up and move west.

Cool. I will PM you about an install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)