Event Completed by User 1 - what does it mean?

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I had a timer program that did not record on my 722k. I looked at History Details and it stated:

Event Completed by User 1
Start Time: 6:55pm
Stop Time: 8:05pm

This was an OTA program.

I’ve never seen that before. Any idea what it means or what happened?

Sounds like my Hopper.. I have seen that many times. It means the Hopper got confused and thought it did something when it really didn't.. Just my opinion.. Don't really know the real reason.. I have just seen it way to many times.. My Hopper OTA timers have never been reliable.. Sometimes thy work and sometimes they don't.

That is sad about the unreliability of OTA recordings. I thank goodness that, so far, our OTA timer recordings have fired properly. Although on a few recordings, it shows that stupid picture break-up on OTA that is ONLY corrected by tuning to another channel, and then back to the original OTA. Of course, one can NOT do this playing back a recording. So, the whole recording breaks up every few minutes.

I just had 2 more recordings that never recorded & gave me the same message.

I noticed the red recording indicator was not on at a time when it should have been for one of the recordings. I turn on the DVR and am able to watch the program so I know it is being tuned in.

My Recordings show nothing being recorded. However the Daily Schedule had the red circle with the antenna symbol indicating the program was being recorded. I go to the Guide & it also indicates the recording is taking place.

After the program had ended I looked at My Recordings & it was not there. History Details says "Event Completed by User 2".

I never had this problem until a few days ago. What the heck is going on?

Force a "Check Switch" from the dish pointing screen, exit out, and it'll reboot and re-download the guide, which I'll bet will fix this issue for you. I think it happens when certain guide data gets corrupted in some way.

Dish replaced the dish & LNB on Wed & did a Check Switch & also re-loaded the guide. The first time I had the problem was last Sun. So I've had the problem before & after a guide re-load.

The programs did appear in the guide & as mentioned above I was watching the program while one info screen indicates it is being recorded & another screen shows it not recorded.

Just thinking about this - I replaced the DVR a few months ago & of course had to transfer the OTA module. Initially I had a problem with OTA but don't recall the specifics at the moment. But I R&R the module a few times thinking maybe the contacts needed cleaning. After that everything worked OK. Not that it should have to be done but makes me wonder if I need to do that again. Rhetorical question - if the old DVR with the same module never had this problem why would the OTA module or new DVR get dirty contacts again? Is the new DVR faulty or is the module acting up?

Either way I'll R&R the module later today & see what happens.

Ok, do you actually have any re-occurring timers set for OTA programs? If so, delete them, reboot and after it's completed coming all the way back up, re-do the timers.

Ok, do you actually have any re-occurring timers set for OTA programs? If so, delete them, reboot and after it's completed coming all the way back up, re-do the timers.

The two problem programs from last night are on re-occurring timers, and I will delete, reboot & re-do them as you mentioned.

That being said, at least for the one program that I previously mentioned, a couple info screens said it was being recorded which means the timer was acknowledged somewhere in the system. Yet when done there was nothing recorded.

I will delete & re-do the timers, but I'm also going to R&R the OTA module. Too bad the electrical contacts in the DVR are so far inside making it impossible to examine and/or clean them directly.

I don't know if it's resolved. I never had this happen in 3 years I've had Dish & then all of sudden it happened 3 times in about week. And has not happened since. I've rebooted the DVR again but have not re-seated the OTA module yet as was planned. Since everything is working OK I have not felt like dragging the whole TV stand/console away from the wall in order to get at the back of the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts