Eventual free upgrade to HD?

WMU1991

Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
West Michigan
I've been waiting it out to upgrade to HD service to get a good deal. A friend of mine just got Direct installed and in talking with the installer learned that in the next few months Direct will offer all their customers a free upgrade to HD service. Don't know if this is true or not, just wondering if this would push Dish to do the same?

I've been waiting it out to upgrade to HD service to get a good deal. A friend of mine just got Direct installed and in talking with the installer learned that in the next few months Direct will offer all their customers a free upgrade to HD service. Don't know if this is true or not, just wondering if this would push Dish to do the same?

Do you mean no cost to upgrade equipment or no cost for HD programming?

I did have to negotiate through customer retention. Her monthly bill was 79.99 Silver 200 w showtime and starz. They guaranteed that same price with the HD upgrade for the first 12 months of the contract. No cost to install the new dish or the 722.

I did have to negotiate through customer retention. Her monthly bill was 79.99 Silver 200 w showtime and starz. They guaranteed that same price with the HD upgrade for the first 12 months of the contract. No cost to install the new dish or the 722.

They are offering $10 off for existing customers which covers the $10 monthly charge for HD for the year with contract extension.

According to my friend, the offer for direct would be for free upgrade on equipment, not free hd service.

BTW, I called back in December about the upgrade to hd for $25 or less and the CSR told me it would cost me $100 at the very least to upgrade even though my bill had the $25 offer. So, I didn't upgrade.

According to my friend, the offer for direct would be for free upgrade on equipment, not free hd service.

BTW, I called back in December about the upgrade to hd for $25 or less and the CSR told me it would cost me $100 at the very least to upgrade even though my bill had the $25 offer. So, I didn't upgrade.

That was another clusteryouknowwhat on E*'s part. A lot of people got caught up in that. E*'s marketing is horrendous.

I got free hd for a year from ATT/Dish last year which just expired. It worked great no problems, and free 722 (first one) and free install. This is something I think Dish needs to do to get high end HD customers. It got me to Dish before Direct caught them in the HD race. I will stay for now thanks to the hardware. The one year was the bait that hooked me. Most people will not switch once they are at ease with equipment and channel line up. Dish need to give away they high end stuff in the short to get high end customers in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)