Ever struggling KYNM-CA, now showing SWC and Heartland country music Network's.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
A technical, never ending problem station KYNM-CA in Albuquerque's TV market is now showing SWC "Southwest Channel " home style tourist TV Network made in New Mexico. It's on RF ch. 21.1, but there's a problem! Everytime I tune in that SWC 21.1 Channel it appears just for 1 measly second and went blank with just the audio going.

Either they got bad PSIP codecs or gone to MPEG-4 video format!:oops:

JTV home shopping looks okay on RF ch. 21.2 in 4:3 video format, don't know if they do CC on it or not.

Now on 21.3 NTD, is not in normal aspect ratio of 16:9 full screen instead showing letterbox in false 16:9 format.

They need to fix that and also CC is missing as well too.:oops:

Now moving on to RF ch. 21.4 Heartland country music TV Network, but unfortunately it's badly bitstarved and very low res showing stairsteps video effects in 16:9 with no CC at it all.

As for relay of KCHF-DT "REL" looks fine on RF ch. 21.5 in 720p HD, CC is missing.

RF ch. 21.6 relay of KDAZ-AM 700 KHz audio sounds okay to me, but the need to get rid of blank 480i video to free up unused bits for other bitstarved TV networks.

And finally RF 21.6 Family TV Network has the wrong video aspect ratio on 16:9 they should not be in letterbox mode!!

Should be in true 16:9 video format and also CC is missing as well too.

They keep tweaking all the time for past several months now same goes for their sister station KNMQ-LD RF 20.1.

Engineering needs to get their acts together or this 2 poor stations is going down in the drain.:(:rolleyes:

That's the news from crazy Albuquerque's TV market!!:biggrin:hatsoff

Reactions: c-spand
I have constant problem with FundRds 24-4 it comes up blank screen alot. There is a cool app you can use to get these stations called LocalBTV. I also noticed only audio on 1 channel which i learned is HEVC ota ch. No picture just audio. So whenever i get astc 3.0 box maybe i can see what that station looks like then.

Reactions: N5XZS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)