Oxygen OTA channel

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
NBC are launching Oxygen which is a pay pay TV channel in various markets like Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Houston as an OTA subchannel. Is this the first proper pay TV channel that is also going OTA? Wonder is this a sign that NBC may drop it as a pay TV channel altogether?

NBC are launching Oxygen which is a pay pay TV channel in various markets like Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Houston as an OTA subchannel. Is this the first proper pay TV channel that is also going OTA? Wonder is this a sign that NBC may drop it as a pay TV channel altogether?
It might fold into peacock..like their sports channel

Will it last any longer than CNN+?

Back in the days of analog, I remember MTV 2 used to be OTA in some areas, so I wouldn't say it's the first pay tv channel to be on OTA.

The Nashville Network was revived in 2012 as an over-the-air subchannel by Luken Communications and Jim Owens Entertainment (the cable version of TNN eventually became Paramount Network), that network morphed into Heartland, and a second attempt at a clone of the original Nasville Network was successful when Gray Television and Opry teamed up to create Circle years later. Another example of a cable network that saw new life as an over-the-air network thanks to E.W. Scripps was Court TV (The original Court TV on cable TV became TruTV).

Back in the days of analog, I remember MTV 2 used to be OTA in some areas, so I wouldn't say it's the first pay tv channel to be on OTA.
There is also HSN &, later, QVC as well. There are/were other "hybrid" networks, like TBN & PAX TV, who owned, or were affiliated with, full power TV stations & use/used them for must carry on the cable & satellite TV systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts