Every 8 Minutes -- "Lost Broadband Connection 1305"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
I suppose I should be happy that I have a very pedictable Joey 2.0 error, but resetting the Joey (or my Hopper) every 8 minutes is a PITA.

Unless a miracle cure occurs soon, I just call DISH tomorrow.

Do you lose any internet connectivity in the home when the Joey loses connection? Try unplugging it for a minute then plugging it back in.

or try dis-connecting your hopper/joey from broadband/home internet and see if you still get the error

When this issue gets resolved I would like to know what fixed it.

My buddy is having the same issue. We have nearly identical setups. Both with h3 and 1 joey. Both connected wireless back to the router. The only difference is my joey is direct wired with cat 5 from the h3 and his is using the hub with coax.

I have not seen this issue with my system. We're thinking of wiring his joey with cat 5 also.

or try dis-connecting your hopper/joey from broadband/home internet and see if you still get the error
Yep, that seems to work -- however, no Internet use then.

Unplugging/plugging in doesn't work -- tried that several times.

Next, I'll try using a direct Ethernet connection between my cable router & Hopper3.

I think what might be happening is that I exceed the max # of IP addresses that my WiFi can handle.

not sure this is theright place to put this, I have the same 1305 popping up all the time when I'm watching anything recorded or paused. Hopper 3 with 5 joeys. I've removed the broadband connection completely (changed the password) thinking that would fix the problem. Still happens

not sure this is theright place to put this, I have the same 1305 popping up all the time when I'm watching anything recorded or paused. Hopper 3 with 5 joeys. I've removed the broadband connection completely (changed the password) thinking that would fix the problem. Still happens

Are the Moca strengths Good - you can check that in the diagnostics.
Diagnostics also has a history section - see if you are getting lots of "Moca" notifications?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts