EVERY weekend about this time, ME and THIStv vanish like clockwork! Crazy...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
primestar31 said:
Well, I went over to the 'dark side' and found a "Perfect-10" brand 10 foot dish and 24" Venture ball-screw actuator 35 miles away and picked it up for $100. Good deal as the actuator alone goes for $250. I have it installed now about 95% done, just has to be peaked and locked down tighter all around a bit more. It's been raining off and on hard since last Wednesday, and with my 12 hour shifts Sat and Sun, I haven't had enough clear time to get it all done completely. I haven't lost the METV signal since I first installed it. No more fade-outs. It's sitting at a steady 71% level, NO fluctuation at all. I'm also getting all the RTV stuff on 87W at 85%, including both S2 muxes. I'm amazed how much better the 10 footer is than the 6 footer, even without being perfectly peaked so far.

One downside, I have to move my seperate KU dish now, as it fit fine next to the 6 foot dish, but the 10 foot dish shadows it a bit too close. Since that dish is on a diseqc motor, and the MicroHD moves it sometimes just switching channels, I'd never trust the dishes wouldn't eventually crash together. So, that has to be moved about 5 - 10 feet further over.

Excellent. I'm glad you found a larger dish and you'll love the improved reception. Once you have it peaked it will open up many new possibilities for you. Enjoy the dish!

I live in North Georgia and usually get MeTv and This ok, but at about 9am to about 11am each day I lose MeTv. I usually get it back about 11 and then it goes out again about 11:30. It is hit and miss when I can watch it. At 5 pm it is gone but at 6 it is usually there. This is always ok.

Signal Goes off sometimes in AMC21 too

Yes, about then. There's no way it's anything local to me. I'm deep in the woods, 25+ miles to the nearest commercial airport, and there's nothing around here that could be fired up to block the signal microwave-wise. The last two weekends I was using a Satelliteav Geosatpro C2 lnb. Signal went out and never came back before 9:40pm or so if I was lucky. Yesterday I hooked up my orthomode feedhorn with Norsat 8115's. Signal still went out tonight, but came back quickly, I'm not sure why.

I´m in northern Mexico, and the same happens sometimes when I watching some PBS channels (World, Create, and V-Me) in AMC21. Whitout warning, signal begans to drop until image is missing. Curious thing is that there are some 2 o 3 signals from the same satellite that remains strong and undisrtubing. This problem occurs with no periodicity. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening or night. No clouds, no rain, no planes, and the signal remains weak even for hours. Then, suddenly are normal. It happens with my Pansat 2700A and with my Openbox S10. (Other satellites remain with their signals normal).

Robo that begins to sound like some kind of terrestrial interference. Could you be in the path of a phone company microwave repeater? Is your dish on a pole in the yard, or on a building?

I agree Turbo. When ME goes out for us there's no tiling or weaking of the channel, it goes off like a switch has been flipped. It was rare for us yesterday, THIS was off and ME was strong. That's the first time that's happened here.

I'm having the same kinda problem with my dsl losing connection, lol. I'm leaving my tv on the ME channel all day and see if it pops out here. It HAS done it in the past but, not lately for me. Mostly I don't look at ME after Rockford in the morning, until Perry mason at 1030pm since they changed the schedule up recently. These intermittent things drive me crazy too!

Maybe you're right. Mi antenna is located in the roof of my 2 stores house, but nerby up the hill is a new offices building. Don't remember exactly where the problems began, but maybe it was along with the building's construction. Maybe a relocation for my antenna will be the best thing. The main inconvenient is that AMC21 is in an orientation similar to the building´s location looking from my house. I'll check the possibility of blocking the direct path from my antenna to that building too. Anyway, I still don't understand the times when interference occurs (no periodicity, any time, any day, any lenght of time).

KDEV is gone!

See this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/292914-Anik-F3-3920H-Mux-Change

Unless it comes back, or is moved to another sat, looks like everybody that has a 6 footer dish and wants METV will have to upgrade to a larger dish like I did so you can get the METV feed on 101w full time. Since I went from my Sadoun 6 footer to a 10 footer in this last week, I haven't lost METV on 101 due to this transponder signal bleedover from the other sat nearby. The 10 foot dish really makes all the difference.

Last edited:
Im getting nothing on 119 (kdev) right now!no tps at all after a new blind scan.Hope its only a temporary thing.PS Just checked on both of RTVs Muxs on 87 and both of those seened to have gone poof too.

Here's the new specs: 3934 H 5710.

Three Univision channels. KDEV is gone!

Try adding this to your receiver, and then scan the transponder.

Luken 3800 H Mux & 4080 H mux have gone dark as of 9/29/2012

The Luken 3920 mux is still on SES-2 @ 87ºW. So they moved to transponder 3920 H 29126

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)