Everybody complaints about WFN, but where is the HD content on BravoHD?

Didn't the original Bravo HD get changed over to one of the other stations. I think it became Universal HD. Also even the SD content was changed a lot after it was bought.

You're right on both counts.

Bravo was a subscription channel originally. It cost an extra $5 a month or so, and featured opera, Broadway shows, concerts, art films, ect.

It eventually switched to a basic channel, but kept a similar format. For a while, IFC was treated as a sister channel to Bravo.

It's just in the last couple years that Universal has completely destroyed it. I mean, it has a few programs I enjoy, but they could be on E! or some other channel. They should change the name.

Isn't quite a bit of Bravo's programming reality type series? If so, I'm not surprised by the lack of HD. Reality shows are shot on the cheap and HD cameras are not cheap. Frankly I am amazed Survivor will be shot in HD this year. For one that's a lot of abuse for an expensive camera, but also It seems like one of those shows that you might not want to see more detail. Yea, I want to see HD sores on the contestants bodies.

HD cameras are not cheap.

This isn't really true anymore. There's no excuse for not shooting reality shows in HD.

Anthony Bourdain's show is shot on a Sony V1U- which is about $3500. It looks pretty great.

I've got a Sony A1U that cost $2500, and fits in the palm of my hand. They make similar cameras in the $1000 range.

These cameras aren't anywhere near as good as a pro studio camera- say something used for network sports. But they'll do for cable reality shows. Most of those shows are shot on old cameras like Sony PD-150s or Canon XL-1- which used to cost about $3500.

Afer scanning this thread and reading the posts, I have to agree that I have yet to see much, if any HD content on a lot f the new so called hd channels.

I turned to the WFN HD channel, not because I love fishing, but to see if it was showing anything in HD, which, it was not, a the time I was watching it. Same thing with the Disney channel.

I just don't really get how Dish can say they are offering us channels in HD, when the channels aren't showing anything in HD. Or, when they are showing most of their shows in SD with a few being in HD. If that's the case, why say it's a HD channel when we aren't getting the HD content???

Another waste of bandwith... This channel has aired "0" HD to us subs. Another great channel brought to you by Dish Network along with WFN HD. They have to be the biggest waste of bandwith on Dish Satellite.
:river

bravo has shown more hd than the world farting network. WFN?:rolleyes:

Afer scanning this thread and reading the posts, I have to agree that I have yet to see much, if any HD content on a lot f the new so called hd channels.

I turned to the WFN HD channel, not because I love fishing, but to see if it was showing anything in HD, which, it was not, a the time I was watching it. Same thing with the Disney channel.

I just don't really get how Dish can say they are offering us channels in HD, when the channels aren't showing anything in HD. Or, when they are showing most of their shows in SD with a few being in HD. If that's the case, why say it's a HD channel when we aren't getting the HD content???

the only channels that haven't shown any hd is bio&wfn. WFN?!:rolleyes: please!

I don't get why people spend their time watching channels that they wouldn't normally watch, just so they can bitch on the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)