Everyone should downgrade to $10 HD today.

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Just to get the message across to Dish that their VOOM garbage is not enough and we want NEW HD. We do not want to pay $20 for LESS channels than you can get with DirecTV for $10.

I suggest when you downgrade you tell the representative that the lack of new HD channels is the reason.

I just downgraded just because I don't watch Voom. I got them to waive the $5 downgrade fee.
Does the Essential Pack include HD Net? dishchannelchart.com shows it only with Ultimate.

edit1: Dish's website shows it with Essential, so I'm going to call and downgrade.

edit 2: Programming changed. $10 less/month for channels I don't watch (with exception of Universal, but it's all old stuff anyway, at least until the Olympics).

Last edited:
Stuck because I watch the suite of Vooms the most.
But I do want the option to choose so as a consumer I want every HD source out there.
If someone sold an HD only service, providing everything out there; nationals, ppv, vod etc., I'm there in a credit card swipe.
So the market forces are at work and heating up. Dish better compete.

...If someone sold an HD only service, providing everything out there; nationals, ppv, vod etc., I'm there in a credit card swipe...
I'm with you there! voOm was apparently too new for its time, but perhaps now another HD only service wouldn't only survive, but THRIVE...! I fear the price would be high, but if the PQ was as good as voOm's was then there might be enough demand...

Why don't we all dump any hd and just get sd so they will add more hd. Not!!!:D

Just to get the message across to Dish that their VOOM garbage is not enough and we want NEW HD. We do not want to pay $20 for LESS channels than you can get with DirecTV for $10.

I suggest when you downgrade you tell the representative that the lack of new HD channels is the reason.

Uhmmmm....thanks, no. Speak for yourself, not for me....

I just downgraded to the essentials pack. I hope E* gets the message that people want more new programming on VOOM and not less. A year ago, I could say I would miss VOOM especially MonstersHD but, over the last few months, with all the programming cutbacks, I can now say that my flesh is no longer edible. :). VOOM is not worth the additional 10 bucks anymore and neither is Universal since they now interrupt programming with commercials and pop ups.

I realize many customer's are frustrated with waiting for new HD channels to be added...I was also frustrated when I was paying an extra $20.00 a month for HD programming. Fortunately, the new "DishHD" HD only package($34.99 w/locals) was a great option for me. The only SD channel I would watch is CNBC for business news......and I'll miss that channel....but I'm alot happier to not be paying for crappy SD channels I never watch. This package will be a better value later this year when NEW HD channels are added.

I am keeping every HD channel I have; you can downgrade if you want, but I am happy. If you think downgrading is going to send them a message, I think you are mistaken.