Everyone who eats pizza should see this

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked once for a Celebrity Discount by a NBA Player , I said " don't tell me ... You Can't afford it right "

Should have offered the pizza for free in exchange to borrow his Lambo/Ferrari/etc. to use for deliveries the rest of the day! :D That'd be hilarious, seeing a $100,000+ sportscar with the cute magnetic pizza place sign thing on the roof! LOL

Seriously, though, I feel sorry for the delivery guys with nice cars having to put those silly things on their cars. I know that's what they are doing to pay for their cars, but still feel sorry for them having to stick those ugly things on them. :up

I'm sure you didn't mean to come off like the above but you did when the quote that no proper amount exists because it sure as heck does and its 15 fricking percent. It shouldn't be earned
Bullsh!t. I remember when the "expected" amount was 10%, yet it keeps going up. Some say now you're supposed to double the tax, and other say 20%.
I tip is call a gratuity for a reason, it's for gratitude. It should be earned, not expected. If it's expected, then put it on the damn bill.

The Canada comment doesn't apply to me, because I'm originally from Georgia, and spend most of the year in Pennsylvania.
And guess what, down in Georgia we expected our waiters to earn their tips.
fyi in Canada, people typically tip PST + GST which right now is 14%.

Want a good tip, then do a good job. Do a mediocre job, and that's the tip you get.

Bullsh!t. I remember when the "expected" amount was 10%, yet it keeps going up. Some say now you're supposed to double the tax, and other say 20%.
I tip is call a gratuity for a reason, it's for gratitude. It should be earned, not expected. If it's expected, then put it on the damn bill.

The Canada comment doesn't apply to me, because I'm originally from Georgia, and spend most of the year in Pennsylvania.
And guess what, down in Georgia we expected our waiters to earn their tips.
fyi in Canada, people typically tip PST + GST which right now is 14%.

Want a good tip, then do a good job. Do a mediocre job, and that's the tip you get.

First I "never" said a tip should be given for poor service. But sadly your not smart enough to google the fact that nearly all waiters and pizza delivery people don't even get minimum wage. They get somewhere between two and three bucks an hour and its much closer too two bucks an hour. Nearly "all" of their hourly pay goes towards their taxes so they don't see much of anything. So these workers make "all" of their living from those tips buddy. So if they don't do a good job they don't get tips and at some point they must quit because they aren't making money.

I think Pizza delivery workers have it far worse than a waiter because unlike a waiter the driver also must pay all his car expenses and most of the gas with those tips so he/she takes home even less.

Again I fully 100% agree with you that bad service doesn't deserve a tip. But for you to sit here and say your being nice to them by giving them a tip when they provide good service is a fricking insult at the least. Your not being nice your providing his paycheck. How the heck would you like it if you boss came into your office and said you don't deserve half of your paycheck this week even though you did your job and earned every cent of that money. I would assume you would be pissed as all get out wouldn't you.

I hope my post may have opened your eyes to the real world which your not living in or too stupid to see the real world. Oh and the reason tip amounts have gone up is for that little thing called cost of living. How would you like working your job for the same wage they paid people in 1930 because I'm sure you wouldn't like that either. Its the same reason taxes go up too ya know. Its the same reason milk and food go up in price too in case you didn't notice. Yeah I wish a cheeseburger at McDonald's still cost 10 cents like it did when my dad was growing up.

Last edited:
Took the family out to a Golden corral buffet about 25 miles out from where we live, we go there once a month because the food is the best quality and on a par with most pricey resturaunts. We get out drinks and silverware and find a table, waitress comes over and takes the ticket and tray then leaves never asking us if we want a booster seat or high chair for our 3yr old and we didnt see her for another 15 mins. This wasnt a busy time and there were about 5 or 6 other wait staff plus 2 managers on the floor, she also failed to bring us the customary hot dinner rolls so needless to say she didnt get any tip specialy after my wife had to go and hunt down a high chair and ask the cashier for something to wipe it down.

When ever I have worked in a service capacity I never expected a tip if I didnt earn it by doing the best possible job I could but I can tell you that most people only look at specific service groups as being ones to tip.

(1) Wait staff
(2) Car detailing staff
(3) Pizza delivery staff
(4) Lawn care staff
(5) News paper delivery person
(6) Cleaning personel

But there are more people working in a service capacity that get left out of consideration and some of these put alot of work into what they do and rarely see a tip.

I dont think much has changed inregards to the standard wage of $2.35 an hour for wait staff though there are some places that are now paying $3.35 an hour.

I always tip the mail man/woman and my newspaper carrier but sadly its not the norm. But most jobs do get a decent wage so a tip is indeed a pure bonus out of the goodness of people's hearts and "isn't" excepted at all. But for those jobs that have all of their income in tips I consider it "required" with good service. Heck I even tip a cable tech who does a good job and they also get a decent wage and don't require nor expect tips. When I lived in Florida all the BHN cable techs loved customers who offered them say a can of coke or a glass or orange juice for example. They loved it even more on a hot summer day and yes even more than a tip. In my case a good tech got both a tip and a can of soda.

Most service jobs that get some tips "also" get a decent wage which is why I didn't really bring those jobs up. Its just the fact that I hate a system that relies on people doing the right thing to allow a person to make a living is all. I think a waiter and pizza drivers are two of very very few jobs that have no set wage that force them to make all of their income from tips and tips alone.

yes i do enjoy a nice can of soda while working in somoenes hot attic for 20mins :) and as a cable tech during my service days, I always went above and beyond what BHN expected and what the customer expected. If a customer called for a problem on say 1 tv, id check EVERY tv in the house before I left usally finding other problems thge customer did not know they had and were usally always impressed with my ability to do my job and I got alot more tips then the other guys in my office, they just couldnt figure out how saying "I must kiss customers ass" I simpley reply No I do my job. And its funny sometimes working in the High Class areas (like isleworth where say tiger woods lived or wesley snipes) Multi million dallor homes, id get a 20 or the highest I got was a 100$ bill from one guy, for doing his home theatre, Im thankful for it and ya know I always deny the tip first, second, then accept it on the third (the two no policy) But the tip I appreciated the most, (not that it wasnt appreciated from that guy, was when I was in a very poor nieghborhood, perhaps an old mobile home or something and an elderly lady once gave me a hand full of change, It was maybe a buck 50 or so, but you know what? I wouldnt doubt if that was every dime she at to her name at time, and it was truely the thought that she thought I did such a good job that she gave me all she had. Its not just her but many people Ya know getting a 1 or 2$ tip from someone who obviously is barely getting by is a nice jesture, but that said I also dont expect Say tiger woods to tip way more just because he has more. Although getting ahand full of change from him would seem an insult :p

yes i do enjoy a nice can of soda while working in somoenes hot attic for 20mins :) and as a cable tech during my service days, I always went above and beyond what BHN expected and what the customer expected. If a customer called for a problem on say 1 tv, id check EVERY tv in the house before I left usally finding other problems thge customer did not know they had and were usally always impressed with my ability to do my job and I got alot more tips then the other guys in my office, they just couldnt figure out how saying "I must kiss customers ass" I simpley reply No I do my job. And its funny sometimes working in the High Class areas (like isleworth where say tiger woods lived or wesley snipes) Multi million dallor homes, id get a 20 or the highest I got was a 100$ bill from one guy, for doing his home theatre, Im thankful for it and ya know I always deny the tip first, second, then accept it on the third (the two no policy) But the tip I appreciated the most, (not that it wasnt appreciated from that guy, was when I was in a very poor nieghborhood, perhaps an old mobile home or something and an elderly lady once gave me a hand full of change, It was maybe a buck 50 or so, but you know what? I wouldnt doubt if that was every dime she at to her name at time, and it was truely the thought that she thought I did such a good job that she gave me all she had. Its not just her but many people Ya know getting a 1 or 2$ tip from someone who obviously is barely getting by is a nice jesture, but that said I also dont expect Say tiger woods to tip way more just because he has more. Although getting ahand full of change from him would seem an insult :p

Yup some of the BHN techs I've had have been very good and I respect anyone who goes into a Florida attic in the summer with all the animals that can be up there. I heard about one case in my area when a ceiling fan installer needed to enter an attic to install it and ended being bit by a rattle snake that was hiding. Because of the small place he was in he ended up getting bit around 10-15 times while backing up until he fell out of the attic about thirty feet onto a tile floor and breaking both legs and one arm. I was amazed and shocked this never ended up in the newspapers or on local news because I was watching to find out if the guy lived or not. I ended up calling Largo Medical Center and found out the guy did live but had about a year or so of a painful recovery. It was really a very sad thing but the guy was lucky that his wife had health insurance because man oh man he would be really broke right now.

I must say I agree with everything you just said and yes its quite amazing how some of the older folk without much money at all are so kind to tip like they do and yes its not much for us or the worker but when you know its everything for her it makes you really smile sometimes.

I hope my post may have opened your eyes to the real world which your not living in or too stupid to see the real world. Oh and the reason tip amounts have gone up is for that little thing called cost of living.
And since food prices go up, then the tip amount will go up even at the same percentage, little thing called math.

And yes I know that waiters get paid sub-minimum wage, I also know that the employer is required to plus up the wages to minimum wage if the wages+tips fall below minimum wage. So before you call someone stupid because they don't agree with you, you should first get all the facts. Flaming from a staff member is a pretty piss poor thing to have happen.

I do generally tip well, especially if it's deserved, but I refuse to whip out the calculator for it because someone expects it. Again, if expected, put it on the bill.

Last edited:
A few weeks back the pizza delivery guy from our local Pizza Ranch got a very good (but unintended) tip. The order was for about $50, my son had a bunch of friends over. My wife had paid the guy, and had given him a $10 tip, our customary 20%. Some of these kids eat at our house a lot, and one of them wanted to help out, so he gave another kid $10 to give to my wife. Instead, he gave it to the delivery guy. We had another $50 order last Saturday, but this time I drove the 5 blocks and picked it up myself.

We don't order delivery pizza anymore. I finally just got fed up with the order being cold, messed up, missing items, etc. The delivery thugs/kids just didn't care and would try to leave real quick. Throw the pizza in the door and hurry out of the driveway before the customer noticed.

They just opened a new Papa Murphy's Take and Bake down the street. Awesome prices and awesome food! Plus you cook it so it's freshly cooked right of the oven. Awesome business model. No ovens in the store and no eating area, just make the pizza and give it to the customer. Then the customer gets freshly cooked pizza in their home.

Now on the tipping thing. When my wife and I are eating out I usually use the point system. You start out with 15 points, each one a percent. And no I don't do the 20% deal due to cost of living, the cost of the food has also increased as the cost of living has, so no need to add to it. The server can lose or gain points for their service. I get raked over the coals already by wife when I get pissed about the food being messed up since she used to be a server. But my beef is, if you are a good server you should look at the food you are serving me before you even come out of the kitchen, don't bother bringing it to my table. Takes you two seconds to consult your little tablet if you forgot what I ordered.

But if we get poor service and guarantee we either get a free meal or half off or something every where we go. My wife and I always speak our minds to the manager, no matter if it was poor service or excellent service.

Delivery, whats that? I live in a one stop light town with nothing delivered. Heck we dont even have drive thru except 2 banks. We were happy just to get walk in Dunkin Donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts