Everything's A-OK!

hwyengr

Jul 8, 2004
Chicago, IL
I haven't seen a Voom Appreciation thread in a while.

I've been Vooming for two months, my box has never locked up, my installer was early to the appointment and finished in 1.5 hours. I haven't had any billing errors, and I'm really happy with the programming (even MOOV!). I had INHD on Comcast beforehand, and I seriously haven't missed it one bit. And, with my tiny (30" 16:9)Toshiba 30HF83, the picture looks phenomenal. To all of you guys seeing the macroblocking and other artifacting, buy a smaller TV :D

The only thing I do miss is the non-WGN Cubs games, but baseball season is nearly over anyway.

With all of the moaning going on in this forum, I think its important to give the other side of the picture. Its not all doom and gloom.

Take that, squeaky wheels!

Chicago is a big sports market to break, if Rainbow gives Comcast Fox Florida HD feed then they should be able to close a deal with Comcast Sports and Voom for that area.

I have a 60" RPTV and it's not all bad PQ, it's there I talk about it in hopes it gets resolved, but I love my Voom. Been on since May and I like seeing these kinds of threads instead of the "OMG I Canceled Voom because they don't have SD!"

I too am in the Chicago area; aren't you gettting WGN local on channel 9-1 or 9-2 with all the Cubs games?
also, I am a refugee from DTV, and the 4 hd channels for 10.95 a month, and I must say, I am happy with Voom so far also..no billing errors, good install, not much PQ issues, and I too am amazed at all the griping on this forum..
Critiscism is a good thing, but when it becomes obsessive, nothing good ever comes of it!

hwyengr said:
To all of you guys seeing the macroblocking and other artifacting, buy a smaller TV :D
I am seriously looking at going in this direction. :D :eek: :shocked :smug

Dvlos said:
How else are these big DBS companies going to slow the spread of HD?
/me LMAO @Dvlos!!

gotta have a sense of humor!

And DarrellP, for a long time I wished I had a monster setup like yours; I guess with the PQ issues that occur, I am glad I "settled" for a small 56" DLP!

I use VOOM with a 120" diagonal screen and an InFocus SP7200 projector. The picture quality is not an issue for me. Even SD channels like FOX News look much better than D* did.

Todd/Indianapolis

tbhausen said:
I use VOOM with a 120" diagonal screen and an InFocus SP7200 projector. The picture quality is not an issue for me. Even SD channels like FOX News look much better than D* did.

Todd/Indianapolis
Todd, what's your screen width to viewing ratio? Mine's 1.78 screen widths back. I am looking at maybe scaling down to a 90" or so screen size, maybe that will help hide some artifacts. Keep in mind, I have an extremely critical eye and ears, the slightest burp bugs the hell out of me. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts