EW Scripps to launch OTA subchannels Doozy and DefyTV.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nothing from Scripps, other than a rename of Doozy to TrueReal in late March.

Defy TV and TrueReal will likely launch on Ion stations, replacing the QVC and HSN subchannels, per RabbitEars, but there are uncertainties for the Ion stations that were spun off to Inyo Broadcasting, and for those stations that don't run the standard 6 subchannels. I'm guessing that where Scripps had to spin off the Ion stations to Inyo, they will still allow Inyo to have the two new subchannels instead of putting them on the Scripps stations, but that's not guaranteed. For the Ion stations not running the standard lineup of 6 subchannels, they may add a new subchannel. It's all conjecture at this point, as Scripps hasn't published a word about their plans.

My home market of Phoenix has a unique situation in which Scripps owns KNXV-TV and recently acquired KASW from NexStar just before the Ion deal went down. The Ion station had to be spun off to Inyo, but doesn't run the HSN feed on the .6 subchannel. Meanwhile, KASW was made into a NextGen lighthouse, so its ATSC 1.0 feeds are dispersed among the other stations in the market, so that's not a good option for Defy or TrueReal. The subs that KASW and KPPX run are duplicated on other stations, so who knows where Defy and TrueReal will end up.

Reactions: ShawnHill1
KPXE-TV, in Kansas City, MO is now showing placeholders for the July 1 launch of DeFy TV & True Real on Ch. 50.3 & 50.4.
Grit & Laff are, once again, only airing on KSHB-TV, Ch. 41.2 & 41.3.
KPXE-TV's lineup now looks like this:
Ch. 50.1, Ion
Ch. 50.2, Court TV
Ch. 50.3, DeFy TV
Ch. 50.4, True Real (For some reason referred to as TruReal.)
Ch. 50.5, QVC
Ch. 50.6, QVC2

62-1 Ion
62-2 Bounce
62-3 Court
62-4 Grit
62-5 Trurel (used to be QVC)
62-6 Defy (used to be HSN)

I had 5 and 6 blocked out, thanks for reminding me to check!
After bluenerd posted I checked here and the shopping channels on WQPX 64 in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market of Pennsylvania are gone, replaced with 64.5 (DeFy) and 64.6 (TruReal). :)

Last edited:
62-1 Ion
62-2 Bounce
62-3 Court
62-4 Grit
62-5 Trurel (used to be QVC)
62-6 Defy (used to be HSN)

I had 5 and 6 blocked out, thanks for reminding me to check!

I had information that Defy was on 62-5 and True Real on 62-6. Can you double-check?

- Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)