Ex-E* customer...lied to by CSR...need help.

danefromkansas

Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Topeka, KS
I was an E* customer for a little over a year (March 08-May 09), when we decided to cancel our service. During the time we had our service, we had to have our receiver replaced 5 times, and twice had our entire DVR memory erased due to a corrupt file. When I canceled, they apologized, and said that they would waive the $100 cancellation fee. I asked the CSR to repeat himself to verify, and he said again they were waiving the fee. I just received the bill for the $100 cancellation fee. I called, and was told by a CSR that they don't waive the cancellation fee and that it is a valid charge.

I figured that I would come here, and ask people who know more about E* than I do: What do I do next? Do I have any recourse in this matter, or am I just going to have to suck it up and pay them what they said I DIDN'T owe them?

Five boxes in less than a year suggests a possible electrical grounding problem in your home. Regarding, CSR, I have never heard of them waving the fee, rather offering incentives for you to stay.

CEO at echostar dot com.

Write to them, explain the situation in a professional manner, ask them to call you at a number you provide and let them know in the email what you expect them to do.

Works for me every time I have a problem that their regular CSRs cannot handle.

CEO at echostar dot com.

Write to them, explain the situation in a professional manner, ask them to call you at a number you provide and let them know in the email what you expect them to do.

Works for me every time I have a problem that their regular CSRs cannot handle.

All CSRs have been told waiving contacts is no longer allowed. They kept killing contracts to get whiny customers off the phone. One too many e-mails to the CEO address... whoops?!

And you have to type it out so the spam bots can send more trash to it. *nod* CEO@echostar.com

Grin and bear it you cancelled and you signed the contract agreeing to pay it.
That's BS if he was explicitly told the fees would be waived!! I bet you'd feel differently if you had to deal with everything he went through.

That sad fact of the matter is Dish Network CSRs sometimes don't tell the truth; I guess they learned it from their CEO who does the same thing -- which is even more sad.

I installed it myself and signed an agreement.
I know we can no longer do self installs but the Dish installer has the agreement for you to sign.
I am just saying the only way you can trust a Dish CSR is if you get a email or letter.

Write to the CEO@echostar.com if you get no respond seek an attorney you do have a legal case. If a CSR offers to wave the fee then that is a legal agreement by dish to wave the fee a good lawyer will get you and himself rich.

You know, if it was just one person ranting about CSR's lying to them I would just pass it by but this seems to be a quite regular occurence and they have lied (or blatantly misrepresented things of which they know nothing) to me quite a few times as well. Is DISH ever going to get this message?

Write to the CEO@echostar.com if you get no respond seek an attorney you do have a legal case. If a CSR offers to wave the fee then that is a legal agreement by dish to wave the fee a good lawyer will get you and himself rich.
Famillarize yourself with contract law, a verbal contract can be enforced but it is very hard. And if you have never looked at DISH legal staff yes they are well paid and full time employees.:)

Grin and bear it you cancelled and you signed the contract agreeing to pay it.
Bullsh*t .... if what the OP says is true, going through (5) receivers in a year (at what point does Dish stop simply sending out yet another receiver and diagnose the problem ??), is certainly a valid reason to waive the fee as a courtesy.

Five boxes in less than a year suggests a possible electrical grounding problem in your home. Regarding, CSR, I have never heard of them waving the fee, rather offering incentives for you to stay.

Not wanting to start a war, but wouldn't the installer check the electrical outlet? I have a cheap (15$) tester that you plug in to an outlet and it lites up. Depending on what lites up is what is right or wrong with your wiring. Now I understand it would not be the installers job to fix it, but how about letting the homeowner know right off the bat? Why doesent dish send out a tech to check things like that after maybe the third box? Again, I don't want to start a war and get great info from this site, but I am just wondering.....

and how much do you think he is going to win, exactly? He'll probably get his contract voided by order of the court and then what? Maybe a few hundred bucks for time spent on the issue and the "mental anguish". Probably less than $1000 in all for the settlement. Think the local lawyer is going to do battle with a staff of attorneys for 30% of that judgment?

Famillarize yourself with contract law, a verbal contract can be enforced but it is very hard. And if you have never looked at DISH legal staff yes they are well paid and full time employees.:)
Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with agency law first, then lecture others on not understanding the law.

Record the phone conversations. Then you really have evidence.

In most states, them telling you that a call may be recorded is enough for you to be able to legally record the call. If not, you just have to tell them the call is being recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)