Exchanging 625 for a 322 or a 222k?

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Hi everyone,

I don't really use the DVR feature of my 625 much anymore and was thinking about switching it with a 322 or a 222k to save the monthly fee. When I called about that csr said that the only way to do that is to schedule a tech to come out. Can it be done by shipping the new one out and sending the old one back though? Paying $22 for a tech visit seems a bit silly for such a thing.

Also does it cost any more to have a 222k instead if I'm using it on the welcome pack/no HDTVs right now? I know in the past there were HD enabling fees, so I was just wondering.

Hi everyone,

I don't really use the DVR feature of my 625 much anymore and was thinking about switching it with a 322 or a 222k to save the monthly fee. When I called about that csr said that the only way to do that is to schedule a tech to come out. Can it be done by shipping the new one out and sending the old one back though? Paying $22 for a tech visit seems a bit silly for such a thing.

Also does it cost any more to have a 222k instead if I'm using it on the welcome pack/no HDTVs right now? I know in the past there were HD enabling fees, so I was just wondering.

Since the 222k is an HD receiver, we would consider it an upgrade, and would require that HD programming be added in order to process the upgrade. There would be no cost difference between a 322 and 222

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can see if shipping a 322 is an option.

I don't really use the DVR feature of my 625 much anymore...

How on Earth do you tolerate all the commercials? When I go on travel and watch the local cable offerings, I (1) can't find any shows I want due to lack of on-screen guide and (2) channel surf what seems like a whole lot of channels with nothing but advertising.

Thanks MattG, I talked with my family-mates and I guess they thought the DVR was worth the $6/mo. Go figure :)

As of today we have the welcome pack (It'll probably stay that way until I graduate from college heheh), so not much chance for HD for life :) I have been tempted to switch the 625 out as I like to call it the Crash-O-Matic. It likes to freeze up XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts