Existing customer eligible for new customer pricing?

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I have been a Dish customer for 10+ years and just finished my latest contract. As an out-of-contract customer, is it possible to get new customer pricing if I agree to a new contract?

Our options are to scale back our programming package (I prefer to not do this), or to choose alternative to Dish Network (sling, directv, directvnow, etc.) or stay with Dish and get new customer pricing.

Thoughts? Thanks! :D

Not being under contract does offer a customer some leverage.
All you can do is ask.
One thing I can say with a high degree of certainty, you will not be offered new customer promotions. Be prepared to be offered credits and discounts off regular prices of various services.
For example. A few years ago, I was going to dump HBO when the price went to $20 per month. I now get HBO at half price for as long as I remain a Dish customer..
I also was offered to upgrade to a H3 free of charge.
I don't threaten to cancel. I just ask what's available.....The CSR takes a look, sees i have been with Dish for a long time and am on auto pay. and the discounts head my way...
Auto pay goes a long way to getting stuff.

Reactions: QCK and MikeD-C05
Everything is negotiable. The only leverage you have is being out of contract. You can cancel at any time.

I went the last 3 years with varying levels of credits by using that same leverage. Finally cancelled my service last month and went with OTA and fire TV with Kodi.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Thanks for your input ... I'm pretty happy with DISH and hope to stay with them ... I contacted DIRT and hope to hear back with their help.

I have been a Dish customer for 10+ years and just finished my latest contract. As an out-of-contract customer, is it possible to get new customer pricing if I agree to a new contract?

Our options are to scale back our programming package (I prefer to not do this), or to choose alternative to Dish Network (sling, directv, directvnow, etc.) or stay with Dish and get new customer pricing.

There are posts after posts that of how to get new customer discounts. I am astounded to see people say it isn't likely, it is VERY likely unless it has all of sudden been discontinued.

For what must be the 100th time.. Contact DIRT, ask about the current customer two year contract deal. Most current subscribers are going to be eligible. You can get $10 off any of the Top package from 120+ to Top 250 and the price you lock in will be guaranteed for two years. Many did this before the new price increases went into effect, I'm not sure if they have yet or not. Then, you can get an additional $5 off if you agree to Autopay. This approximates a new customer deal, they do get $5 off the Hopper DVR fee and they may get some premiums for three months that existing does not. But I am saving $15 a month, making the Top 200 $64 rather than $79.
(I also dropped from Top 250 because so many of the channels are now in the Top 200 and I saved another $10)

Also if you are interested HBO can be had for $10, some of us have it indefinitely, it may now be for a year. And, the Movie Pack can often be had for $5. I have all of that.

2-YEAR TV PRICE GUARANTEE PROMOTION
Terms of Commitment
You acknowledge and agree that you are entering into a new twenty-four (24) month term commitment that will begin on the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below and that will end twenty-four (24) months later.

Early Termination Fee
In the event that, prior to the end of your new twenty-four (24) month term commitment: your DISH service is disconnected for ANY REASON (for example, and without limitation, if you cancel your DISH service because you move to a location where you cannot receive your DISH service), and in either case, all programming and other prices, fees and charges for your new twenty-four (24) month term commitment have not yet been paid in full, then you agree to pay, and DISH will automatically charge, an early termination fee to your DISH account or your Qualifying Card (as defined in your Promotion Agreement), if any, at DISH’s option. The early termination fee will be prorated by multiplying $10 by the number of months remaining in your new twenty-four (24) month term commitment. The maximum early termination fee is $240.

2-Year TV Price Guarantee
Notwithstanding any terms and conditions of your Promotion Agreement and/or the Residential Customer Agreement to the contrary, because you have agreed to participate in DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion, DISH will not change, at any time during your Price Guarantee Period (as defined below) the price that you pay for the qualifying programming package set forth below (your “Price Guarantee Programming Package”).

Programming Package Monthly Savings
Flex Pack $34.99
America's Top 120+ $59.99
America's Top 200 $69.99
America's Top 250 $79.99
Latino Plus $39.99
Latino Dos $54.99
Latino Max $64.99

Your “Price Guarantee Period” is the twenty-four (24) month period immediately following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below. DISH will not extend your Price Guarantee Period for any reason. Upon the expiration of your Price Guarantee Period, you will pay the then-current price for your programming package.

In the event that you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, then you will no longer be eligible to participate in DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion and you will pay the then-current price for your programming package.

DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee applies solely to your Price Guarantee Programming Package in connection with the programming you selected upon your acceptance of this offer by checking the “I accept” box below. In the event that you change your Price Guarantee Programming Package to any other programming package (including, without limitation, another programming package that qualifies for DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion) following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below, then you will pay the then-current price of such other programming package.
Miscellaneous
Any terms used, but not defined, in this notice have the meanings ascribed to them in your Promotion Agreement and the Residential Customer Agreement. Except as expressly set forth above in this notice, all terms and conditions of your Promotion Agreement and the Residential Customer Agreement remain in full force and effect.

Remember those prices either are now or are going to be $5 higher except Flex.

I have a friend (long time Customer) that shut off his Dish. He went with OTA and was sure that is all he needed. Two weeks later called both DTV and Dish and told me he was offered a better deal with Dish. This is what he told me, getting top (200 or 250) and all movie channels new hopper and joey installed for $90 a month. To seal the deal Dish also sold him 211r for $50 for tailgating (or Cabin) This price was good for 1 year, then movie channels go up if not shut off.

This was his story not mine.

I have a friend (long time Customer) that shut off his Dish. He went with OTA and was sure that is all he needed. Two weeks later called both DTV and Dish and told me he was offered a better deal with Dish. This is what he told me, getting top (200 or 250) and all movie channels new hopper and joey installed for $90 a month. To seal the deal Dish also sold him 211r for $50 for tailgating (or Cabin) This price was good for 1 year, then movie channels go up if not shut off.
Was that a 211k or 211z? I do not think there is such a thing as a 211r. :confused:

So...... did you get the discount?

I am waiting to hear back on a follow-up query from DIRT since Thursday. They've been awesome so far in responding to my questions!

I am also looking to know if Dish has resolved the issue of having a single Dish (for users of 110, 118, 119 and 129) and this switch http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/5979-CEDIA-2016-DISH-shows-DPH42-Hybrid-Switch.

I can't get any answers on this. I am optimistic that Dish will be more responsive to keeping existing customers like me and make this DPH42 switch available ASAP. Can someone reliably provide a status on this (it has been about a year since they announced this one).

I am waiting to hear back on a follow-up query from DIRT since Thursday. They've been awesome so far in responding to my questions!

I am also looking to know if Dish has resolved the issue of having a single Dish (for users of 110, 118, 119 and 129) and this switch http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/5979-CEDIA-2016-DISH-shows-DPH42-Hybrid-Switch.

I can't get any answers on this. I am optimistic that Dish will be more responsive to keeping existing customers like me and make this DPH42 switch available ASAP. Can someone reliably provide a status on this (it has been about a year since they announced this one).
As of now, there is no International solution available for Western Arc and Hopper 3.

I have (4) VIP722K's and am considering moving to a Hopper 3 and (3) Joeys.

Will I get a better deal on Equipment and Programming Cost from the 1-800 CSR or from the DIRT Team?

I have (4) VIP722K's and am considering moving to a Hopper 3 and (3) Joeys.

Will I get a better deal on Equipment and Programming Cost from the 1-800 CSR or from the DIRT Team?
I would say Dirt will be right up front with what they can offer.

CSR is a negotiating game.
It took 3 "No's" to get my true bottom line offer of Free upgrade.

I would say Dirt will be right up front with what they can offer.

CSR is a negotiating game.
It took 3 "No's" to get my true bottom line offer of Free upgrade.

Did you get a Free Upgrade to a Hopper System without signing a new 2 Year Contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)