Existing customer hardware upgrade program ???s

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
On the dish website is shows (when I log in) that existing customers can upgrade to a standard receiver (or standard PVR) for $49. Option 1 says they will send you the receiver and installation instructions. It doesn't say anything about an 18 month commitment. Option 2 says you can get 2 standard receivers or 1 dual tuner PVR but you must commit to 18 months programming but you get free installation. I spoke with a CSR last night (no offense but he was from India and I had a hard time understanding him) and couldn't get a clear answer on whether option 1 requires an 18 month commitment or not. He said yes but the web site doesn't say that.

Also, is it true (according to the CSR) if I get a second PVR (I already have a 510) that I'll get charged another $5.98 for the second PVR? I thought that it didn't matter how many PVRs you had, the charge was just $5.98 per account.

Dish Network charges a DVR Fee ($5.98) for each and every DVR on an account - D* and most cable companies charge only one DVR fee regardless of how many DVRs you have. However, E* will waive all DVR fees if you subscribe AEP or DishHD Platinum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)