Trouble with 625 TV2 & Cable TV

cmooty

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
I'm trying to pipe the 625 TV2 out into my other room TVs, which are on basic cable. So I modulated the signal to channel 78, and merged it with the cable signal by use of a simple 2 way splitter. The setup works, but the picture is bad on both sat (ch 78) and the other cable channels. If I disconnect cable from splitter picture is good. If I disconnect TV2 out from splitter cable picture is good. Why are the two causing noise? Do I need something other than el cheapo splitter? Radioshack sold me a single diplexer, but that didn't work. I tried using a high performance splitter (5 mHz - 2 GHz), but that made no noticable difference. Do I need a filter, I looked locally, but no one carries them? If your hardware recommendations aren't available at Fry's or Radioshack, please provide a link to where I can order it.

Thanks in advance.
Chad

cmooty said:
I'm trying to pipe the 625 TV2 out into my other room TVs, which are on basic cable. So I modulated the signal to channel 78, and merged it with the cable signal by use of a simple 2 way splitter. The setup works, but the picture is bad on both sat (ch 78) and the other cable channels. If I disconnect cable from splitter picture is good. If I disconnect TV2 out from splitter cable picture is good. Why are the two causing noise? Do I need something other than el cheapo splitter? Radioshack sold me a single diplexer, but that didn't work. I tried using a high performance splitter (5 mHz - 2 GHz), but that made no noticable difference. Do I need a filter, I looked locally, but no one carries them? If your hardware recommendations aren't available at Fry's or Radioshack, please provide a link to where I can order it.

Thanks in advance.
Chad

Look for a channel in your cable system that is not being used and use it in the TV2 out. Cable TV and the TV2 out use the same frequencies, if you combine them they are both fighting each other.

What channels are you getting over cable? If only above or below a certain channels, look into a filter to block all the extra cable noise.

look at this link, specifically the Channel Vision filters
http://www.hometech.com/video/atten.html

Here is my setup for reference:

I have a my TV2 output on channel 85, I use a filter that leaves everything below channels 78 and filters out everything above 78, then after the filter I combine the cable with my satellite TV2 output using a splitter/combiner (nothing special, just radio shack), I don't have any problems with my channels on the tv that is hooked into both.

Btw, you can find filters like this cheaper than that site has them listed. I just don't have a link at this time for the lower prices, but it's a start for you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)