Existing Customer Upgrade/ Contract Expired

jcmlhoward

Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Maple Grove, MN
My contract has expired and I would like to upgrade to a Hopper with Slingbox plus 1 Joey. As a good, long term customer I would hope to get a free install. I would appreciate some DiRT help. Thanks!

My contract has expired and I would like to upgrade to a Hopper with Slingbox plus 1 Joey. As a good, long term customer I would hope to get a free install. I would appreciate some DiRT help. Thanks!

I'm not DIRT, but I can tell you, if you have the Protection Plan on your account (or are willing to add it at the time you set up the upgrade), you'll either get a tech to do the install for free, or $15 at the worst. Also, if you move up to a Hopper/Joey, you'll have to do a 24 month agreement, unless you purchase the Hopper and Joey.

I'm not DIRT, but I can tell you, if you have the Protection Plan on your account (or are willing to add it at the time you set up the upgrade), you'll either get a tech to do the install for free, or $15 at the worst. Also, if you move up to a Hopper/Joey, you'll have to do a 24 month agreement, unless you purchase the Hopper and Joey.
Insatll fee is usually waved, if account is good.

Dish generally waves the tech visit fee for customers that really push for it. Not everyone qualifies for free equipment though and there's no getting around that generally.

When I got first Hooper, never had to ask OR push. Just depends on your stranding.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts