Existing customer upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ToddW65

Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Hey all.

Been a DISH customer for 10+ years and currently with a Hopper w/Sling, a Super Joey, and 2 Joey 1.0s.
I'm considering contacting the Customer Retention Dept to get a newer Hopper and newer Joeys and hopefully also getting my bill lowered a bit. My current billing amount details are attached.

Is what I'm hoping for possible and if so any tips?

Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

• DishBill.JPG
    DishBill.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 462
You’ll never know till you call and talk to them. Each customer has different experiences with getting discounts. Be fair, but firm and be ready to actually threaten to cancel. Then the deals get a little better. But don’t be Abusive or rude with them or they might actually call your bluff.

Reactions: Tampa8
That ancient $5 charge is what I get for not paying attention to my bill. Anyhow, after 2 hours of FB Messenger chat, I ended up signing a new 2 year deal which cut the monthly bill by $27, and getting the H3 and 3 Joey3s for $50.
After you get installed and working, cancel your Dish Protect and save another $8.99. If you need it later you can add it on the same phone call that needs a truck roll.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
After you get installed and working, cancel your Dish Protect and save another $8.99. If you need it later you can add it on the same phone call that needs a truck roll.

Interesting. I thought it had to be on there for 30 days before it would cover a service call.

Come to think of it, I can't remember ever having a tech out other than for equipment upgrades.

Interesting. I thought it had to be on there for 30 days before it would cover a service call.

Come to think of it, I can't remember ever having a tech out other than for equipment upgrades.
Nah, you can order it straight up. I don't ever remember that 30 day scenario. We've been doing the use it when you need it for over 10 years....

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Hey all.

Been a DISH customer for 10+ years and currently with a Hopper w/Sling, a Super Joey, and 2 Joey 1.0s.
I'm considering contacting the Customer Retention Dept to get a newer Hopper and newer Joeys and hopefully also getting my bill lowered a bit. My current billing amount details are attached.

Is what I'm hoping for possible and if so any tips?

Thanks,
Todd
Todd, I wanted or needed my bill lowered and I called Dish to tell them that I was leaving them, and I even told Dish that I was considering going with Directv. Dish told me that they did not want me to leave. They gave me credits and wanted me to or if I considered upgrading to the Hopper. My bill was lowered, and I did upgrade to the Hopper. After getting it, the Hopper would shut off, and again, after so many complaints from my wife to me, and my complaints to Dish, the tech who hooked up the Hopper suggested upgrading to the Hopper 3. He had to rewire with the new equipment, and it was worth it. We are very pleased with it and very happy with the upgrade. It may be worth calling or contacting Dish to let them know with lowering your bill. It worked with me, and it may be worth it for you.

That ancient $5 charge is what I get for not paying attention to my bill. Anyhow, after 2 hours of FB Messenger chat, I ended up signing a new 2 year deal which cut the monthly bill by $27, and getting the H3 and 3 Joey3s for $50.

Just curious if you had to take a lessor package to get the discounted monthly billing? Or did you reduce the number of receivers?

Thanks for all the help so far everyone. Another question for you... will my current wiring layout support the new equipment or will changes need to be made?
Cable is all recent, installed in late 2015 and my current wiring is done per the attached diagram.

Edit: Found this. Assuming this will be the layout minus one 3-way splitter and 3 joeys. Am I correct? If so, can the solo hub be installed outside or does it have to be inside?

Attachments

• Diagram.JPG
    Diagram.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 257
Tv 2 fee for $5.00 was rolled into the additional receiver fee by Class of receivers back in 2010. Before that it was charged if you didn't keep your phone line plugged in to the receiver. A lot of subs who couldn't do this were charged this fee on their main receiver and their additional receivers. The separate fee for SD at $6.00 and HD at $7.00 was also rolled into that same fee by class of receivers. I still have the sheet from that year showing the changes. This is why an additional 722k went from $7.00 to $17.00 over night back in that year. Also why I had to trade in two of my 722ks and get 211ks instead in order to escape the extra $10.00 charge per extra receiver.

Tv 2 fee for $5.00 was rolled into the additional receiver fee by Class of receivers back in 2010. Before that it was charged if you didn't keep your phone line plugged in to the receiver. A lot of subs who couldn't do this were charged this fee on their main receiver and their additional receivers. The separate fee for SD at $6.00 and HD at $7.00 was also rolled into that same fee by class of receivers. I still have the sheet from that year showing the changes. This is why an additional 722k went from $7.00 to $17.00 over night back in that year. Also why I had to trade in two of my 722ks and get 211ks instead in order to escape the extra $10.00 charge per extra receiver.

I didn't know you were familiar with the different DISH fees.... :wave

WOW! That was eight years ago already?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)