Experienced installer - wiring guru needed Connecticut

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteNE

Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Connecticut
I used to post on here and read threads about 10-11 years ago when I had DTV and now I'm back.

I need a good installer in central Connecticut for a client of mine, specifically someone who can run wires through a long drop in the walls. Essentially the setup is as follows: it's a beautiful brownstone building that is divided up into condos. My client's condo is on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The dish is on the roof. All receivers (approx 6 or 7 years old) are in a cabinet on the 2nd floor. There is a TV on the 2nd floor in a different room and 2 TV's on the 3rd floor. Component cables run from the "electronics cabinet" through the walls to all 3 TV's. There are component jacks on the walls by each of the TV's. DTV remotes are used with all TV's and communicate to the receivers via RF.

My client would like the wiring to be redone as HDMI and get new receivers. I would like to be able to get a few quotes for him. Thank you for your advice.

retnink things. run coax to the tv location and put the receiver there
long hdmi runs may have issues

Reactions: harshness
If you want long HDMI runs, run cat5e/cat6a from the cabinet to the TV locations. That will easily handle about 100 feet with $10 dongles off eBay, you can do longer distances if you are willing to spend a little more but is still pretty cheap. Some will even handle 4K HDMI up to 10.2 Gbps, so they are future proof.

The twisted pair runs are more flexible too, i.e. if needs change in the future they can be repurposed for internet or any number of other things - in fact if he'd run twisted pair in the first place and used component baluns he wouldn't need any rewiring now to upgrade to HDMI.

Ok so the component video cables are likely RG59.

So this is very simple. Get a Genie2 and install in the rack.

Then use one of the 5 component video cables to run a client box at each Tv.

The box is small enough it can go behind the tv and you can connect via HDMI.

NO NEED TO RUN NEW WIRES

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)