Exposed Unused Joey Port on Solo Node

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll certainly do that in the future. Kerry Harris had been in the DISH install business for at least 15 years by my estimation. I'll use him in the future.

Nice, gave you a little terminator and won you over as a customer. More business should be like them.

Thats why I go to small Chinese take outs instead of Panda Express- Panda worries they might give you too much food.

I have found when looking for the best deal, not everyone you call is equal.
when ordering 2 Hoppers for my RV last year, I tried many local installers and CSRs. It took several dispute resolution peopl to find one who could figure out how to make it happen. There was no SKU set up in the computer to install in an RV. The locals wanted full retail plus install fees.
i frequently get better then advertised promos by pressing multiple CSRs until I find the one who can do what I want.
?

I have found when looking for the best deal, not everyone you call is equal.
when ordering 2 Hoppers for my RV last year, I tried many local installers and CSRs. It took several dispute resolution peopl to find one who could figure out how to make it happen. There was no SKU set up in the computer to install in an RV. The locals wanted full retail plus install fees.
i frequently get better then advertised promos by pressing multiple CSRs until I find the one who can do what I want.
?

I will admit that Dish can offer certain deals that a retailer can't/won't. Since it's Dish's company they have the money to do whatever they want to keep a customer happy. Retailers do not have that luxury and need to make sure we get paid what we deserve for our time.

Technically whatever Dish offers you, a retailer is suppose to be able to offer you the same thing. It's in our business agreements that state we are to have a level playing field when servicing customers. It can be very frustrating, especially when the customer is talking to a CSR that just tells him whatever he wants to hear to make him happy and get off the phone.

Back to your original post. You do not need a terminator on the port if you do not have a joey. The purpose of terminating is to prevent over the air interference for the moca signal in the 650 to 875 mhz range. Since no moca connection is being made it doesn't matter if it's terminated or not. I always leave it open on a hopper only install just to save terminators for when I actually need them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)