Expressvu authorization

Aust54

Original poster
I am having problems getting my Expressvu system to work The satellite at 82 degrees is not set up yet because I am waiting for additional material for the hookup. The 91 degree is getting the preview channels only
at a strength of around 90 The two hits that have been sent have had no effect I have done several system
checks and also rest the system Any suggestions? I am located on Long Island
Many thanks
Austin

When you gave Bell the receiver ID number and smart card number did you get the information from the system information screen? Hit the system information button or MENU 6, 1, 3 to pull up the numbers. (Smart Card starts with "ROO" Receiver ID starts with "S") Its possible the wrong information may be printed on the box your receiver was packed in. If you gave Bell the correct numbers then maybe you have a bad receiver? You only need to be pointed at 91 to receive authorization. I would purchase a second box and try to activate that one if you strike out with the one you are using.

Sounds like there is a wrong multiswitch or something in the system.

Remove the Sat Feed, run a Check Switch, after itfails, re-connect the Sat line try again. Although I would be verifying the switch's and LNBF's as well before re-connecting the line.

Here's a few tips:

After checkswitch ... follow-up on these points:

1- When on Nimiq91, it does say LOCKED NIMIQ91 in Green correct and not red WRONG SAT?
2- Double check the IRD/SC # with Bell. *67 514-310-Bell
3- Make sure the software version is the latest. If your behind, it will not activate
4- Make sure Location ID is Not 000000000 . If it is, your receiver is toast.

Now if all the above has checked out, Bell has had in the past IRDS that simply did not activate. What;s the history of the box?

Cheers, K

Cheers, K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts