ExpressVu Transponder Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2CaP

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I have my ExVu dish w/ a 2 dual Lnbf(one for 91 and one for 82).

I followed the installation instructions to the letter (from lnbf 91 & 82 to the sw21 and then out into the house x2) the dish and have my 6200 and one 3100 receiver working great when connected directly from the dish to the receiver.

BUT...

I own two more 3100 receivers.... so I need to use a powered multi-switch.

Right?

When I hook up the switch I lose half the transponders all of the even transponders are gone. Does anyone know why? Can anyone possibly explain how to fix it...

P.S-> Do you think it has anything to do with the sw21's on the dish? Oh yeah btw I no long run all 50ft or less from the switch. :confused:

What you need is a SW44. You would need to plug all 4 lines into the SW44 and then run 4 lines out to the receivers. This will give you all transponders on all 4 receivers.

Or the simpler way is to get a Quad LNB. That would take the place of the SW44.

Unofortunatley, that means I would have to run two more feeds outside....

I have the four feeds from the lnb's (2 4 82 & 2 4 91) into the SW21's and then down into the house where I have an SW24... is the anyway that I can make this work with two feeds???

Could I instead of having a feed from each lnb (82 & 91) feed into each SW21 have both feeds from 91 feed into one sw21, both feeds from 82 feed into the other sw21 and then down into the house where I could use the sw24 to distibute the signal?

Would I still get the HD channels on my 6200? :confused:

get ahold of a Dish Legacy Twin (SW-42 build in). That will give you both satellites, and allow you to only have to run one line inside to each reciever.

Missed the part of the 3rd and 4th recievers.
A Quad is the best best, but still requires 4 lines going outside.
Sounds like some line running has to happen no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)