Ext hard drive wants to reformat and idk why

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

moneyadams

Original poster
May 24, 2016
Tennessee
I have seen things similar to what is happening to me right now, but this is a little different. I have had my external hard drive for one or two years i guess, and as soon as I got it, I used it for my dish dvr box. It is a toshiba canvio desk DWC120. I didn't really have a lot of problems from it until a couple of days ago. I went to watch something from the hard drive and it would act like it would select what i wanted but it would not play, so i unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back up, just like any other time that it wouldn't act right. But this time when I plug it back in it says that it needs to be reformatted to work with the dvr box. I have tried unplugging the box, the hard drive again, and have even talked to the dish tech guys. He said that i had no choice but to reformat it. I have tried to connect it to my computer, and my laptop, to see if i could get something off of it using my computer, but neither one will recognize the hard drive. I don't know what else to do at this point but I don't want to lose my recordings. What do I do?

I have seen things similar to what is happening to me right now, but this is a little different. I have had my external hard drive for one or two years i guess, and as soon as I got it, I used it for my dish dvr box. It is a toshiba canvio desk DWC120. I didn't really have a lot of problems from it until a couple of days ago. I went to watch something from the hard drive and it would act like it would select what i wanted but it would not play, so i unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back up, just like any other time that it wouldn't act right. But this time when I plug it back in it says that it needs to be reformatted to work with the dvr box. I have tried unplugging the box, the hard drive again, and have even talked to the dish tech guys. He said that i had no choice but to reformat it. I have tried to connect it to my computer, and my laptop, to see if i could get something off of it using my computer, but neither one will recognize the hard drive. I don't know what else to do at this point but I don't want to lose my recordings. What do I do?

Wait until after tonight's auto-reboot, and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: Tampa8