Ext HDD failed on receiver, but not on WinVista?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
Turned on my 722 this evening and was greeted with a msg stating my connected USB device was not compatible (a 750GB drive that I've used for archiving for months). Tried a reboot, power cycle of the drive and combinations but no success. The 722 then prompted me to format the drive. Fine. Well...format failed!

OK...thinking failed drive, I popped it onto my Vista machine--boom--works fine. Vista sees 3 'Healthy' partitions. Just to test, I delete the partitions and reformat as NTFS...yeah, its working fine with Windows.

Great. Next step was to reconnect to the 722 in hopes of a successful reformat, but no such luck--same error, same failed format.

Short of trying a new drive does anyone out there have any suggestions?

I had a power supply go bad on me and the EHDs would act up. I plugged a new power supply into my EHDs and now they all work fine.

Thx...hadn't tried either of those suggestions. Will do tonite!
Also, some have had their EHD become inaccessible and after they called tech support and got them to send a "hit" to their DVR, they regained use and access to the drive.

Good luck! Let us know what happens!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts