extended ku quad lnbf

If you are in Texas you dont need the extended one as the new satellite wont reach Texas

What size dish do you have already? You could get a 75e dish (37x27 inches) and the regular quad LNB. That works fine in the states

As it stands now, you should NOT install the Extended Ku LNBF if you are outside the footprint of G1. That's because Vancouver HD signals will be placed on G1.

During a Pacific time zone simsub, you will not be able to receive any HD signal as the the Extended Ku channel maps for a Seattle station will point to the Vancouver signal which you cannot receive. You will be stuck with standard definition only.

There is also speculation that when G1 is operational, Spokane SD channels will be taken off F1R. This is because all US cable heads that receive Spokane feeds from Shaw are within the footprint of G1 and therefore will be able to use the HD Spokane feeds on G1.

I thought the Spokane feeds were to be dropped altogethor and the Spokane signals fibered for the Cable Head Ends. That would leave only the Seattle HD feeds but yes they would be simsubbed if you have the newer lnbf. I would imagine anyone with the older lnbf will be simsub free from signals on G1.

I don't know why some Montana/Idaho cable head ends would continue with Shaw when they can get Spokane HD feeds from Dish/DTV.

As the fibre link from Spokane to Calgary is now operational, I expect Shaw to drop all Spokane satellite feeds except PBS - just like they did with Buffalo feeds.

The best LNBF for those outside G1 footprint is the non stacked Ku LNBF in order to get channel maps for F1R/F2 only.
The stacked Ku LNBF has no MPEG4 maps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts