Is Shaw likely to repposition their satellites like Bell?

sparkster

Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Delaware
Like many Bell subscribers in the "southern provinces", I am thinking of switching to Shaw. But, before I switch, is there any likelihood of Shaw doing the same thing as Bell (moving their footprint north) to accomodate northern Canada subscribers?

nope
AnikF1 & F2 cover all of North America right now so no need to worry. The thing is those Bell sats are just for that....Bell
AnikF1 & 2 are used by Shaw Direct and news outlets on the KU Band side. C-Band is used for national programming

F2 was launched in 04
F1 was launched in 05 ( a replacement satellite). With a 15+ year life span on satellites we'll be OK :)
Obviously both of these were launched with North America footprints in mind

Also the 82 satellite that Bell was originally using was an old Directv satellite if I remember right. SO the footprint was basically the US (when Directv owned it)...shift it north and thats why the footpritn is weird
When Nimiq6 was built why make a footprint all of North America when your area of service is only Canada? Its like when Dish launched Echo14 at 119W and all the Mexico folks lost signal when that was put in use....same reasoning

I'm just starting off here and searching "Mexico" I have dish in WA and want to bring it to Puerto Vallarta. Can I get a good enough signal using the Dish 500 dish pointing at 1 sattelite? I presume 119? Thanks for your help with a question probably asked many times. Cheers Ross

nope
AnikF1 & F2 cover all of North America right now so no need to worry. The thing is those Bell sats are just for that....Bell
AnikF1 & 2 are used by Shaw Direct and news outlets on the KU Band side. C-Band is used for national programming

F2 was launched in 04
F1 was launched in 05 ( a replacement satellite). With a 15+ year life span on satellites we'll be OK :)
Obviously both of these were launched with North America footprints in mind

Also the 82 satellite that Bell was originally using was an old Directv satellite if I remember right. SO the footprint was basically the US (when Directv owned it)...shift it north and thats why the footpritn is weird
When Nimiq6 was built why make a footprint all of North America when your area of service is only Canada? Its like when Dish launched Echo14 at 119W and all the Mexico folks lost signal when that was put in use....same reasoning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts