Extended Warranty

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
Is it a good idea to purchase the extended warranty on the xbox 360 from Microsoft?I just returned a 2 week old unit to Circuit City and they gave me a new one(red rings). But thats just for the first 30 days. Then I am on the Microsofts general warranty and I know that takes weeks. Any ideas?

you get free replacements from MSoft, yes it takes time, but you are covered no problem... plus the extended warranty could just take it to "repair" and send it to MSoft, there is no guarantee they just give you a new one everytime it dies.

I would take the gamble and save the money.

Is it a good idea to purchase the extended warranty on the xbox 360 from Microsoft?I just returned a 2 week old unit to Circuit City and they gave me a new one(red rings). But thats just for the first 30 days. Then I am on the Microsofts general warranty and I know that takes weeks. Any ideas?

You better off Costco/ Sams Club if you have a Costco Membership or Sams Club Membership...
Thats if you have either one of those in your area.
Better deal, better pricing, great bundles.

Just realize that any content you have on the hard drive is not yours anymore once you go to a new machine. I've got several dozen arcade games and TV shows on my 120 gb HD. JUST had my launch console crap out. Waiting for the MS box to show up to ship it back. I DID have the extended warranty. Given how notoriously flaky these are, I would definitely buy the MS warranty to make sure there are no issues getting repaired AND having your content easily follow you.

Just realize that any content you have on the hard drive is not yours anymore once you go to a new machine. I've got several dozen arcade games and TV shows on my 120 gb HD. JUST had my launch console crap out. Waiting for the MS box to show up to ship it back. I DID have the extended warranty. Given how notoriously flaky these are, I would definitely buy the MS warranty to make sure there are no issues getting repaired AND having your content easily follow you.

In the absence of an authorized console ID, the purchasing gamertag needs to be signed into Xbox Live. You still own all of the content just fine, just have to be connected to Live to access it properly.

Consider Best Buy or Game Crazy

The Best Buy plan runs concurrently with the initial warranty and goes for 2 years. Any problems and you swap you unit in store. With Game Crazy you get two years but it starts after the MS warranty expires. They also let you swap it in store. CC sends it out for repair and is the most expensive of all three options. I would go with someone who replaces it. Lord knows there fixes don't work and I hate the idea of getting a refurb unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)