Extending multiswitch power.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisexv6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I have a Dynex 5x8 multiswitch which uses an RCA-type connector for power from the power pack (24V I believe). Its not the standard RG6 connection.

I was wondering if getting an RCA-type extension cord is a correct way of extending the power lead. Basically the multiswitch is about 4' too far away to use the standard power pack connection, so right now I have an extension cord going to it. I wanted to do away with this because the switch is mounted on the floor joists in my basement and the cord is a semi-trip hazard (only for me, no one else goes on that side of the basement).

Thanks!
-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
I have a Dynex 5x8 multiswitch which uses an RCA-type connector for power from the power pack (24V I believe). Its not the standard RG6 connection.

I was wondering if getting an RCA-type extension cord is a correct way of extending the power lead. Basically the multiswitch is about 4' too far away to use the standard power pack connection, so right now I have an extension cord going to it. I wanted to do away with this because the switch is mounted on the floor joists in my basement and the cord is a semi-trip hazard (only for me, no one else goes on that side of the basement).

Thanks!
-Chris
use coax cable.

chrisexv6 said:
Do you mean use coax with RCA ends crimped on?

-Chris

coax with connectors (hopefully crimped). connect one end to the multiswitch and the other end to the power supply. Make the cable long enough to reach where you need it.

If it's only 4' away, just use a 6' RCA extension cord. It should work fine. Only think I would reccommend is to electrical tape the the RCA connectors together (to cover the exposed metal)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)