SWM multiswitch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
And all these different generations were WNC ?
I'll have to look at mine, but I think it's 1st gen.
AFAIK, the 1st gen. digital SWiM 3 LNB of which there was only one, the "3D1LNBR0-01", was mfr. by WNC and is not RB capable.

The 2nd gen. non-RB digital SWiM 3 LNB of which there was also just one, the "3D2LNBR0-02", is mfr. by Pro Brand (the Eagle Aspen Co.)

The 2nd gen. RB digital 3 LNB, "3D2RBLNBR0", has three mfrs. with "-01" (WNC), "-02" (Pro Brand), and now a "-14" (unknown) suffix.

The 2nd gen. RB digital 5 LNB, "5D2RBLNBR0-01" only has one mfr. WNC.

Take a DSWM30 for example. If you use a combination of receivers it will support 26 Tuners.

The only way you get 30 tuners is if you hookup 6 Genies, that use 5 tuners each.

I think the same probably holds true somehow for the "22" channel reverse band LNB.

Maybe it's 3 Genies.

But really I think it's a bunch of Bullsh!t, just figure 13 tuners and be done with it.

I really wish they would improve the swm technology. The hopper LNB does 16.

We really need a Directv LNB that does 16 tuners. I can't tell you how many I installs I have done lately where we have 14 tuners or 27 tuners, and I got to wire several pairs of SWM 16's

Take a DSWM30 for example. If you use a combination of receivers it will support 26 Tuners.

The only way you get 30 tuners is if you hookup 6 Genies, that use 5 tuners each.

I think the same probably holds true somehow for the "22" channel reverse band LNB.

Maybe it's 3 Genies.

But really I think it's a bunch of Bullsh!t, just figure 13 tuners and be done with it.

I really wish they would improve the swm technology. The hopper LNB does 16.

We really need a Directv LNB that does 16 tuners. I can't tell you how many I installs I have done lately where we have 14 tuners or 27 tuners, and I got to wire several pairs of SWM 16's
I gotta believe that is the Exception not the norm.

I gotta believe that is the Exception not the norm.
Yeah ...

This particular issue is all very confusing ....

DIRECTV "officially" states that all pre-Genie receivers will cause this 13 tuner limitation to the 2nd gen. digital SWiM LNBs (both RB and non-RB models) as well as to the DSWM-30 ext. multiswitch.

Others such as Stuart, an employee and blogger over at Solid Signal, claim it is only if any H24 and H25 receivers are detected in the mix will cause it ...

So ....???

Don't really know what to believe.

While I can't speak for the DSWM-30's behavior, I have an HR54 and 5 HR24s which aquired 15 tuners total off an non-RB 3D2 digital LNB and presently 17 tuners total are grabbed from a 5D2RB (Reverse Band 5) digital LNB and in both cases all the receivers work fine and in no matter what order I boot them up. And they all report 22 tuner support for the LNB data under the info. settings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)