AM21 TUNER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ben Rosenthal

Original poster
Jul 15, 2017
Studio City
Does the new Genie 2 for 4K have a connection for the AM21 tuner? I have the 4K Genie and it is not compatible. I like getting the sub channels and am disappointed that it does not work.

Does the new Genie 2 for 4K have a connection for the AM21 tuner? I have the 4K Genie and it is not compatible. I like getting the sub channels and am disappointed that it does not work.

Yes the Genie 2 has a USB connection but the AM21 does not work with it.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Ben!

As rad has said, the AM21 isn't compatible with the HS17. It's a poor choice in my opinion, but Directv hasn't given much support to ota in many years.

Yep ... sorry ...

You're going to have consider maybe an OTA TIVO or Channel Master DVR+

You won't get an integrated guide and having to switch TV inputs is a PIA. But you will get a superior product to the AM21 where you frequently have to jump-through-hoops to fool it into receiving the more recent sub-channels (mostly with the wrong guide data) not carried in DIRECTV's limited database.

DIRECTV has pretty much abandoned OTA support nowadays beyond keeping the legacy downloadable OTA database in the satellite stream.for the few remaining AM21s and H/HR20s still in use by customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts