External Hard Disk--how much capacity

You could use search and find my charts of filling 320 and 500 GB disks by SD and HD content.
Smith, why can't you just answer the question? Searching brings up way too much stuff to sift through, if it even finds it at all.

Tired of reading same questions again and again , especially in first post.:( He could start from reading and after find all relevent info share his knowledge.

It took me a little while to figure out the chart (only because I'm slow) but once the "light bulb" in the brain turned on it was very clear.

Very good work, thanks.

Please note that a manufacturer's 750 GB drive will yield 699 GB. The manufacture count decimal 750 * 10^9 bytes, computer people use (2^10=1024)^3 or a move than 7% smaller number.
-Ken

I contacted Dish tech support and got them to say that one hour of SD programming takes up about 1Gb. Can I interpolate that one hour of HD would take up about 10Gb of space. Any thoughts on this?

Tired of reading same questions again and again , especially in first post.:( He could start from reading and after find all relevent info share his knowledge.

Well, that is what makes US different from the other sites. We strive to be welcoming to all new members. And I agree, vBulletin's search tools are just difficult to use for a seasoned veteran, never mind a newbie.

Lets cut our new members some slack. And show them some SatelliteGuys hospitality. Please.

I was wondering how much HDD space the 722 HD DVR has? Or does anyone know how many hour of recording you can get on a 500G external drive.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

One thing to remember is that the amount of programs you will be able to record will depend on the encoding of the individual program. I have some mpeg2 stuff recorded that takes twice the space as mpeg4 programs. So... its all gotten be considered an "average" amount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts