External Hard Drive Enclosure For HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Who would have thought that it was going to be difficult to find an enclosure for a friends HR44? I sold him a 3TB Western Digital Purple Drive I never ended up using with my 44 back when I was a DirecTV subscriber. We went to three different computer shops and no one had what we needed. As a last resort, I tried Best Buy and momentarily got my hopes up but all they had was a SATA enclosure with an eSATA to USB which won't do. I guess I'll hunt around online although I was hoping to find one locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, ill look into that. We might try installing the drive internally. I've been told it's not as hard as it looks.

It's not too hard, I'll try to recall from memory here, it's been a few years. HR44 has clips around the device, two on each side, one or two on the bottom toward the front of the receiver. The lid will pop off when all are held open. The front of the receiver (touch area) stays on and is not part of the lid. if you get the lid off, the rest is easy.

The side ones use a flat screwdriver to pull the cover to see them, then wedge a credit card in between the frame and the lid. All four set, then do the front clip(s) using the screwdriver. I think the front clip is only one but can't recall. Do the front clip last.

Thanks for the help. I was able to find a step by step instruction video of doing the internal swap although the guy in the video was using an HR54 it should be similar to the 44. I'll have to see if my friend wants to go that route or find an external enclosure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)