External Hard Drive on H-DDVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weaselpolooza

Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Michigan
Does anyone have any comments on using an external hard drive to increase the capacity of their HD-DVR (HR24-500)?

Issues? Suggestions?

Thanks

I use a 1.5tb Seagate EHD.... other use a variety.
There are a ton of threads here discussing EHD's ...

Try the "Search". :)

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I must say after coming from *E* I have been very dissapointed with the External HD feature on the HR24-500. I now have tried 2 different EHD (both were ones I saw others using) and I have of yet been able to get the receiver to read the drives. JerseyMatt does offer some great info in explaining why the EHD feature on *D* is much more labor intesive on the drive(with *D*) its constantly writing so its much harder on the drive. I think now I much prefer *E's* solution on how they handle there EHD feature of being able to "back up" all of your recordings. Its nice being able to send off all of your HD movies that you have recorded(which take up alot of space) and just having your daily shows, etc on the primary drive.

I must say after coming from *E* I have been very dissapointed with the External HD feature on the HR24-500. I now have tried 2 different EHD (both were ones I saw others using) and I have of yet been able to get the receiver to read the drives. JerseyMatt does offer some great info in explaining why the EHD feature on *D* is much more labor intesive on the drive(with *D*) its constantly writing so its much harder on the drive. I think now I much prefer *E's* solution on how they handle there EHD feature of being able to "back up" all of your recordings. Its nice being able to send off all of your HD movies that you have recorded(which take up alot of space) and just having your daily shows, etc on the primary drive.

This is probably why none of the EHD's are covered by D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)