External Hard Drive Option on 522

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
Has anyone else seen this? I can't remember the exact wording, but it was on one of the menus. I found it last night when I was trying to turn off the "new" VOD "feature" that is now sucking up my valuable HD space! :)

And no, I couldn't find any way to turn off or avoid the VOD feature. :(

Brad

Has anyone else seen this? I can't remember the exact wording, but it was on one of the menus. I found it last night when I was trying to turn off the "new" VOD "feature" that is now sucking up my valuable HD space! :)

And no, I couldn't find any way to turn off or avoid the VOD feature. :(

Brad

VOD is not taking up your space. The space was always reserved for the VOD since the 522/625/622 shipped. I wish you could disable though, as I will never use it.

For the external USB stuff are you reffering to Menu--->4?

I was incorrect, it is "USB Device" rather than a hard drive. I assumed hard drive, but I suspect it is there for the DishPlayer (or whatever the portable video player is called).

Does anyone know out more? Selecting the menu option shows two menus that appear to be related to managing content there, but they are obscured by a message for me that says that no USB device is connected.

Brad

I was incorrect, it is "USB Device" rather than a hard drive. I assumed hard drive, but I suspect it is there for the DishPlayer (or whatever the portable video player is called).

Does anyone know out more? Selecting the menu option shows two menus that appear to be related to managing content there, but they are obscured by a message for me that says that no USB device is connected.

Brad

Maybe the other option would be: When you set something to record and you can set to ERD? That would be a Pocket Dish or any thing that takes composite cables in (right??).

I can only see the first couple of letters (if that) on the two choices, since the other dialog immediately pops in front.

I wish it was an external hard drive, but I won't hold my breath waiting for that. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)