external hard drive question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skifreak76

Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
Blackstone, MA
i currently has a 722k receiver and plan on updating to the hopper. i know i can backup the 722 to an external harddrive but when i get the hopper can i export the recoding onto the hopper so i can use the harddrive for other purpose?? this way i do not lose anything. thanks

Others have reported problems moving the programs back to the Hopper. Just leave them on the EHD and play them off the EHD when you get the Hopper.

You can hook multiple EHDs up to the hopper, so you can just leave the recordings on the EHD and if it is too full just add another EHD.

It's much easier and faster to access an ehd with the Hopper. Only problem has been that one of my Hoppers looses the connection with the ehd, the other one doesn't. All I have to do is unplug the usb cable from the drive and then reconnect it.

So you can keep multiple ehd's connected to a hopper and be able to access the recordings from all of those she's at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Almost every day I have to either unplug USB and re-plug or power cycle the EHD chassis to get my Hopper to see it.

I realize the these drives power down to save energy after some set amount of time. But this is annoying.

Any ideas on how to prevent this problem?

Almost every day I have to either unplug USB and re-plug or power cycle the EHD chassis to get my Hopper to see it.

I realize the these drives power down to save energy after some set amount of time. But this is annoying.

Any ideas on how to prevent this problem?
It's a known bug.

I have that problem with one of my older WD drives - seems to be a wake up issue. I have 2 newer WD Essentials drives that never have that problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts