External Hard Drive???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since i am currently a Dish sub and thinking about Direct tv, is this free?
dish has this feature too, but its a 1 time fee of $40 or so to use EHD's

You buy the eSATA drive and enclosure. There is no charge to use it.

JD, you only need an enclosure if it's NOT an External, if your trying to use an internal, you'll need the enclosure (also make sure theres a SATA/ESATA connection available if your using the enclosure)

External Hard drive needs to have an ESATA option.

JD, you only need an enclosure if it's NOT an External, if your trying to use an internal, you'll need the enclosure (also make sure theres a SATA/ESATA connection available if your using the enclosure)

External Hard drive needs to have an ESATA option.
Not sure what you are saying here. Wouldn't all external drives need an enclosure of some sort?

Granted the enclosure needs the eSATA connector.

Not sure what you are saying here. Wouldn't all external drives need an enclosure of some sort?

Granted the enclosure needs the eSATA connector.

I guess, when you say a enclosure, it makes me think of converting a internal to work.
Most EHD's I've seen are all self contained, mostly simple to work with, plug and play.

HD,

Actually on February 1st Dish dropped the External Hard Drive fee (when connecting a USB2 External Drive to 622, 722, 722k, and 922 receivers), unless you wish to connect an External Hard drive to a 211 HD receiver to turn it into a Single Tuner DVR then a fee still exists.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts