External hard drives?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Are there any of the dtv receivers / dvr's that allow the addition of an external hard drive similar to DISH.

Also, a couple of questions concerning equipment charges on a new account...1st hd receiver is free but there is a $10 monthly hd reception fee...the 2nd hd receiver would add $6 to the $10.

An HD-dvr would add what? $25 advanced receiver-dvr service per month?
With an HD dvr and a 2nd plain HD receiver ... would that be $25 +$6?
Would there be a price savings per month for an HD-dvr and a genie? for the 2nd hdtv?

Also, there's a slimline 5-sat dish from several years ago with 4 leads down from the dish...will the new equipment work using that setup or not...the old equip used, um b-adaptors? off the cables...I think.

Thanks for the help...one needs an attorney to read the fine print and decipher the added costs enumerated in their ads.

You can add an external eSATA EHDD, but it will take the place of the internal and you can't "hot swap" like with Dish, nor can you access the internal drive while hooked up.
Not sure on the price's...
The dish should work but the newer receivers don't need the b-band adapters and they would likely install either a SWM Lnb or box depending on how many receivers/dvrs you get.

Did you miss his question? What bearing would it be for me to note the $10 is in the $25, he was questioning whether there was a $25, a $6 and then a $10. Which there is not. Sheesh.

"1st hd receiver is free but there is a $10 monthly hd reception fee.
An HD-dvr would add what? $25 advanced receiver-dvr service per month? "

The answer is no, it would not add $25 to the $10, its just $25. And to be quite frank, there is no "HD Fee" on my bill. There is a $25 advanced rcvr fee, and a $6 client fee.

The advanced receiver fee of $25 includes the $10 hd fee. I wanted to make sure he understood. No need to be upset about it.

Did you miss his question? What bearing would it be for me to note the $10 is in the $25, he was questioning whether there was a $25, a $6 and then a $10. Which there is not. Sheesh.

"1st hd receiver is free but there is a $10 monthly hd reception fee.
An HD-dvr would add what? $25 advanced receiver-dvr service per month? "

The answer is no, it would not add $25 to the $10, its just $25. And to be quite frank, there is no "HD Fee" on my bill. There is a $25 advanced rcvr fee, and a $6 client fee.

The advanced receiver fee of $25 includes the $10 hd fee. I wanted to make sure he understood. No need to be upset about it.

Actually seeing the HD Fee (10) and the DVR fees (don't remember what this on is at the moment, 7 maybe) are a one time p/m fee, NOT per recvr, thre 2nd recvr is ONLY an addl. $6 per month more. The HD Fee and DVR fee is on the initial one which IS part of the $25 Advanced fee ...

Now that That is clear as mud ...

Also, a couple of questions concerning equipment charges on a new account...1st hd receiver is free but there is a $10 monthly hd reception fee...the 2nd hd receiver would add $6 to the $10.
An HD-dvr would add what? $25 advanced receiver-dvr service per month?
With an HD dvr and a 2nd plain HD receiver ... would that be $25 +$6?
Would there be a price savings per month for an HD-dvr and a genie? for the 2nd hdtv?

If you went with a HD DVR (HR24 2 tuner) or Genie its $25 (10 for DVR + 10 for HD + 5 for MRV). There is a $10 discount for using auto pay (HD fee free)
HD only receiver is $10 (if you got just a HD receiver)
2nd and add'l receiver regardless of model (SD, HD, HD DVR) is $6

Also, there's a slimline 5-sat dish from several years ago with 4 leads down from the dish...will the new equipment work using that setup or not...the old equip used, um b-adaptors? off the cables...I think.
Genie requires SWM which is one line from LNB. That supports 8 tuners. If you have more than 8 then the existing LNB will work and the installer puts a SWM8 switch in the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts