Votes: 180 51.7%
  • Wont sign up for it

Votes: 81 23.3%
  • $39 is too much

Votes: 160 46.0%
  • $39 is reasonable

Votes: 100 28.7%

• Total voters
Not desperate for the extra space .. yet... however had it been closer to $20 than $40 i would probably have gone ahead and paid just so that i could have it there. At $40 I'll probably clear out a show or two on my existing 622 rather than pay.

If I want a movie that bad I'll go buy it so that i know its mine .. that way i don't have to hope that a third party won't suddenly raise prices, or change the rules at some point in the future, i also know that i have a copy just in case the hard drive I've backed up on goes bad.

Having said all of that - at some point in the future I'll probably bite the bullet .. but its right around the price that is making me think twice about it .. and then a third time.

For the $39 (plus the cost of the hard drive of course) I will have several times bigger storage space, which will allow me to:

1. Watch movies and programs that otherwise I would've missed.
2. Archive my favorite programs without being concerned about the disk space.
3. Not buy/rent some DVDs - this alone will save me much more than $39 and very quickly.

For me, this is well worth the price. :up

At this time, I don't plan on activating this $40 feature. I'm glad to see it will be available and subs have the option to get it, can see how it would be a huge benefit for folks who have a need to archive shows and/or who have multi users recording shows to where the 30 hours of hd gets used up quickly. One benefit of having limited storage to me is that the shows either have to be watched in a reasonable time span or will be deleted with new recordings. I figger with extra storage that a lot of stuff would get recorded that would NEVER be watched:D
Wife would ask, "why're you recording all this stuff"; me, "because I can":p

I just got a second 622 because I dont like the way tv2 looks. With this service i can watch the movies and shows I record on both 622s with no problem. I lost alot of movies when my computer crashed I hope the new drives will not do the same thing. Oh well I think it is worth it. God knows how much I have spent thru the years on whimes, to old to stop now.

I use my DVR as a sort of VOD box. If there isn't a movie on that I want to watch or I want to watch something in HD that isn't on, I have some on my 622. For me, this $40 is a good investment.

Do we have to call them to get it activated on the 15th, or will it be an option on their website to purchase?

I use my DVR as a sort of VOD box. If there isn't a movie on that I want to watch or I want to watch something in HD that isn't on, I have some on my 622. For me, this $40 is a good investment.

I have been waiting for this feature for a long time. I hope to use hard drives to replace over 500 movies I have on VHS tapes. Now when I want to watch an archived movie I will be able to search on line instead of trying to find the tape. My wife is definately looking forward to getting rid of all those tapes and storage furniture. Now I need to find the time to re-record all those movies. Maybe E* can figure out a way to format owned DVDs and VHS video content to be transfered to the hard drives and played on a 622.

I will be purchasing the extra storage. We have a 4 year old and try to spend time with him in the evenings yet have time to watch our shows around 9pm each night. Our HD storage fills up fast and it will be nice to add to that. The convenience is worth it to me, as I see it, I get more moneys worth out of my programming.

Yep, I'm not thrilled with the price but I'll pay. I have a 622 that occasionally has some audio problems that I've been reluctant to replace due to losing what I have recorded. With external storage enabled I can get the 622 replaced without losing anything.

As many have stated, I'm not thrilled with the price, but it's worth it for the functionality IMHO. I'd like to see a price point more in the order of $25, but I've been jonesing for the archiving for so long, and plan on taking full advantage of it, that I'd get my investment out of it.

Think of it as little over $3 a month for the first year rather a lump sum if you wish.

Anyone have any good drive recommendations? I found a 750GB drive for $249 that's USB 2.0/eSATA. One review claimed 131 hours of HD recording time via Tivo. That's pretty amazing at a very nice price considering the drive capacity. Any thoughts/opinions on drives?

I'll go for it and I don't have a big problem with the price. It's certainly much better than a monthly fee which is what I thought they were going to do.

What I'd really love is if all of my receivers could be connected together so that they work like one big mega DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts