Extra channels without Blockbuster

ilfoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
North
Is it possible to order the 20 extra channels, MGM movie, Sony, etc. without subscribing to Blockbuster and the streaming feature?
The Dish webpage does not give this option, but i would like those extra channels. I'm quite happy with Netflix and DVD's by mail does not interest me.

If you are looking for some price less than $10, then no, that's the package. It's like any other package on Dish, you pay in this case $10, you get the channels. As an added bonus (which it is, I will explain) if you want to rent Blu-rays Games or DVD's, either at their store or online by mail, or stream etc.. you subscribe for free to blockbuster through Dish. You certainly do not have to take advantage of all things in the package if you don't want to, just like you don't have to watch every channel in the package if you don't want to.

The bonus is, this package of channels has always been $10, it's simply been renamed, AND had the blockbuster part added with no additional cost. That's why it has become so popular.

Is it possible to order the 20 extra channels, MGM movie, Sony, etc. without subscribing to Blockbuster and the streaming feature?
The Dish webpage does not give this option, but i would like those extra channels. I'm quite happy with Netflix and DVD's by mail does not interest me.
so just don't use the Blockbuster DVD by mail or streaming. :rolleyes:

That package was $10 for a long time before they added the Blockbuster part to it.

Luckily, it's STILL only $10 after they added Blockbuster service. I haven't setup my blockbuster account, so for me, there has effectively been no change.

-SF

After the U.S. mail makes their changes to first class mail and next day delivery , you might see that" best deal in the industry" go south. Especially since it takes them a week turn around to get me one dvd to my house and back. This will hurt Netflix too. Weekly magazines like Tv Guide, Newsweek, Time will also suffer. No next day guarantee delivery will hurt a lot of companies that depend on the mail.

After the U.S. mail makes their changes to first class mail and next day delivery , you might see that" best deal in the industry" go south. Especially since it takes them a week turn around to get me one dvd to my house and back. This will hurt Netflix too. Weekly magazines like Tv Guide, Newsweek, Time will also suffer. No next day guarantee delivery will hurt a lot of companies that depend on the mail.

it takes me 4 days to get a movie. sometimes i will get one in 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)