Extra Innings for 2008

Or do like I did and have Direct installed at it's minimum. When baseball season finishes I will crank it down to the bare knuckles just so I can crank it up next season. I can absorb $30 a month to keep my wife happy!

Bottom line on EI ... if you really want it, then you need to switch. I would be shocked to see MLB EI on Dish next year. Even if MLB was willing to reopen negotiations, Dish is not willing to pay the money that MLB wants.

MLB would be glad to have dish sign. But DISH would essentially have to sign the same deal as they previously rejected.

I doubt that's true. I'm sure if DISH Network went to MLB tomorrow and said they would carry the MLB channel upon its launch in 2009, MLB would be agreeable to letting DISH Network carry MLB EI before the 2013 EI renew negotiations occur.

And I'm sure the lawyers for DirecTV and the cable companies would have some words for them. A contract is a contract. Just as the NFL can't go selling Sunday Ticket to other providers without unwinding their contract with DirecTV, neither can the MLB.

I thought it was a multiyear deal they signed. DirecTV will be the exclusive home of Extra Innings for years. If it's a deal killer you have to switch, or find out if your local cable entity can provide you with ONLY extra innings (which I doubt).

I thought it was a multiyear deal they signed. DirecTV will be the exclusive home of Extra Innings for years. If it's a deal killer you have to switch, or find out if your local cable entity can provide you with ONLY extra innings (which I doubt).

It is not exclusive. But its not clear if E* can still sign on, if they had a change of heart.

Apologies....

Exclusive SATELLITE home of Extra Innings....
It is only that because Dish failed to signon. For awhile after the D* deal, E* was told they could sign on for essentially the same deal. There was lots of argument on whether it really was the same deal. Eventually E* decided not to sign, but it wasn't made clear if they might not be able to in the future, such as for 2008.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts