Extra Innings Prices now on line

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't forget: cost recovery contains more than just subscription fees. Provider(s) can sell advertising during every game and that also generates revenue. In your scenario, $50M/year of commercials would hit the break-even point.

Well that makes sense.. didn't know they did that.. still cuts it pretty darn close...

I'm going to purchse MLB Extra Innings with SuperFan as well. I really enjoy listening to Vin Scully, especially since I grew up in LA and have been to Chavez Ravine probably a hundred times or more in my life. This is truly the best way for a Dodger Fan in Idaho to keep track of the games.

It was stated earlier that we are "going in blind" with this SuperFan thing and I agree to that point somewhat. However we should have a few clues as to what we can expect, simply by looking at last years' channel 95 lineup. Channel 95 was used to show a game a day in HD on most days. Does anyone else here remember any time when the Yankees weren't being shown on 95? The question is rhetorical, but seriously, the Yankees were on channel 95 at least 80 percent of the time. If this is what's going to happen with our SuperFan HD channels, I'm going to erupt at DirecTV. There needs to be some variety, although I'm certain many Yankee fans who also happened to be DirecTV subscribers were very happy last year. The Dodgers were on 95 maybe three times all season.

And another thing that really gripes me is this "local" market thing. I live in Boise, Idaho. One game last June, the Dodgers were hosting the Mariners in Los Angeles and the game was being shown on channel 95. I was really looking forward to this game. Now given the fact that I live over 450 miles away from Seattle, and that it would take almost 8 hours to drive there, I tuned in to channel 95 only to be given the "out of market" blue screen of death. Channel 95 was showing the LA market broadcast and the standard broadcast was from Seattle. I called DirecTV and was told there was nothing to be done about it, that my only option was to watch the SD broadcast.

How in MLB's right mind can they even consider Boise, Idaho to be a "local market" for ANY MLB Baseball Team?? That is backwards logic if I ever heard it. I was furious. Thankfully the Dodgers don't play the Mariners this year, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I really hope that for DircTV's sake that they get this thing right this year or they're going to lose my business as well.

I'd be plenty happy to just buy a season-ticket subscription to one team, or maybe one division's games. Same with ST. I'd probably be willing to pay up to half the EI (or ST) subscription price for it.

Welcome KSparkuhl...

The blackout issues are on MLB. Even with the MLB.TV streaming video, you would be blacked out from viewing any Seattle games on-line. I went on a quest to find the right people to complain to and found everybody wanted to point the finger at somebody else (cable/satellite provider, RSN, MLB). Now, with EI most likely going exclusive, you won't have many options if you decide to quit with DirecTV. There are tons of examples of "unjust" blackout rules. I live in Tucson and the Padres are considered "in-market". I lived in Vegas. SF, OAK, LA, ANA, AZ and SD all claim vegas as "in-market". With that scenario, none of those games were available in Extra Innings and only the Dodgers and Angels were shown as the local RSN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

File Transfering with Directv DVR:

Purpose of the Multi splitter?