satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Prices for Extra Innings from DTV website

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/secondaryIndex.jsp?assetId=3160001

Add MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan to your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription now for just 4 payments of $9.75! Call 1–800–GET–SPORTS.

Get MLB EXTRA INNINGS now for just 4 payments of $39.99 — a savings of $40 off the regular season price! Call 1–800–GET–SPORTS.
(Offer ends 4/15/07)

Last edited:
I am going to give them a call and see if they are workin any "Super Fan" deals....Might as well try?

ahh just wait I am sure it will balloon up to Sunday ticket prices, could be wrong....but that is good pricing for what you get!

Ordered the package, tried to get superfan package at a reduced cost no go, still added though the price is not to bad...To offset the cost they took off ten dollars off my HBO bill for the next six nonths to offset cost. Not bad, but hey the ten bucks is ok

prices aren't as bad as i thought. but i agree with scott......what will they be next year? especially, if neither dish nor in demand pick it up.

prices aren't as bad as i thought. but i agree with scott......what will they be next year? especially, if neither dish nor in demand pick it up.

They will get me for this year, I can live with that. But next year if they get greedy, like they did with ST, it will go Bye Bye for me, just ST did. Any increase over the national cost of living increase, will make me question my 2008 renewal.

Satjay - can you throw a link on the top post? I logged in and was looking in add programming and it's not there yet. Then I figured out the other place under programming, sports, packages, etc...

Didn't take long for D* to hook onto that superfan package, at least MLB is only $39 extra instead of $100 like NFL.

So, 2 games a day in HD, and they have two channel numbers. If they got good at this, they could do any afternoon games when they happen (cubs frequently for example) could do a couple 7pm games, and then a couple 10pm games with a risk of join in progress if one of the 7pm games go long.

Then with just 2 HD channels, they could get up to 5 a day, and 20-30 a week. Be better than 10 until the can go 100% HD when the new sats are up :)

EI-4 payments of $39.99
Super Fan-4 payments of $9.75

I'd say...it's a GO !!!!

Can't wait for April.

When I ordered the package I did get some nice customer service, as I asked for any "Promotions" with Superfan, she did say that she understands prices going up with everything and did mention A list customer stuf..and so one, so the 10 dollar credit helps a bit, at least its something. Cant wait till the season start.

One reason I am getting the package is the west coast games, dont know how to explain it but hearing Vince Scully announce a game, you feel like you are right there,Well I guess I did explain it!:)

Yes............

When I ordered the package I did get some nice customer service, as I asked for any "Promotions" with Superfan, she did say that she understands prices going up with everything and did mention A list customer stuf..and so one, so the 10 dollar credit helps a bit, at least its something. Cant wait till the season start.

One reason I am getting the package is the west coast games, dont know how to explain it but hearing Vince Scully announce a game, you feel like you are right there,Well I guess I did explain it!:)

He is worth the price of the entire package

Ok the superfan package...will we be able to get the HD games with our H10 tivo units????

Not real clear there....

That is the first decent question I have heard on this topic since all of the speculation began. And I don't know the answer. I am assuming that the answer is yes but will one of you guys that are in the know confirm it? Thanks.

Ok the superfan package...will we be able to get the HD games with our H10 tivo units????

Not real clear there....

I would think so, since the only mpeg4 encoding is on the Spaceway sats, and they are spotbeamed, therefore not available nationally.

I talked to a CSR, who by the way really helpful and nice, and was told the MLB Superfan package will work like the NFL Sunday Ticket package in regard to HD, Mix, and Strike Zone. I asked specifically about my HR10 and was told yes, we would be able to get the HD, like we did with the Sunday Ticket.

Remember with the ST, we got 6-7 games a week in HD (on all receivers)...MLB SF will give us only two HD games a day (10 a week..similar to the ST).

I did ask about any type of compensation for long time subscribers about getting a price break with the MLB SF. I didn't get that but was offered the following:

1. $5 off bill for 6 months
2. One of the premium (Movie channels or Sports pack) for $10 off
3. Premier Package for $79.99 ($20 off) a month for 6 months...

I chose the top three...didn't want the Premier.....I though that was a great deal they did not have to offer me, so I was impressed and must the CSR was awesome. By the way, I did order the SuperFan for MLB!!

A great story in this day of not great stories!!!

Enjoy!

...One reason I am getting the package is the west coast games, dont know how to explain it but hearing Vince Scully announce a game, you feel like you are right there,Well I guess I did explain it!:)

Amen, brother. Vin Scully's voice IS baseball.

MLB SF will give us only two HD games a day (10 a week..similar to the ST).

Actually it's not all that similar. The typical ST week has HD offered for all of the FOX games and at least half of the CBS games; it's only limited by the number of games CBS is able to provide in HD. If EI carries 8-10 games daily and only 2 are HD, that's only 20%-25% of the games in HD.

Anyone looking to see their favorite out-of-market team in HD is probably going to be disappointed. The EI game schedule is not published yet; anyone who signs-up now is going in blind.

I'm less accepting of the SuperFan spin on EI. To get essentially the same HD programming as was available last year, I'm now paying 25% more. I ended up cancelling EI altogether.

I still dont understand how they could afford the 700 million dollar exclusive deal if they did do it?

$200 bux a year * 250,000 current subscriptions * 7 years = 350 mil right?

and they aren't even charging 200 bux a year? That would mean they need roughly 500,000 subscribers to break roughly even?

Edit: to the baseball package, not in general. :)

I still dont understand how they could afford the 700 million dollar exclusive deal if they did do it?

$200 bux a year * 250,000 current subscriptions * 7 years = 350 mil right?

and they aren't even charging 200 bux a year? That would mean they need roughly 500,000 subscribers to break roughly even?

Edit: to the baseball package, not in general. :)

Don't forget: cost recovery contains more than just subscription fees. Provider(s) can sell advertising during every game and that also generates revenue. In your scenario, $50M/year of commercials would hit the break-even point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)