Extra Receiver Fee...

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
Does the extra receiver fee only apply to leased receivers? I'm going to upgrade my 811, but I was thinking that if I purchased the 211 that I may avoid the fee.

1) I don't believe you can purchase a receiver outright anymore, can you? Even the store models are like a leased car where you pay a downpayment and then lease.

2) You'll pay a fee either way. Either a lease fee, or a mirror fee (if you have your own receiver purchased before they went to all leasing, you pay the subscription mirroring fee)

You can still buy a receiver outright, but there's virtually no advantage at this point to doing so as the fees are identical.

Does the extra receiver fee only apply to leased receivers? I'm going to upgrade my 811, but I was thinking that if I purchased the 211 that I may avoid the fee.
Consider replacing 2 receivers with a single dual-tuner receiver such as the 222 instead. You won't have the extra fee that way ;) assuming you can plug either the phone line or the LAN port into something.

You can still buy a receiver outright, but there's virtually no advantage at this point to doing so as the fees are identical.

I agree. The only reason to purchase and own a Dish box is if one wants more tuners (4) than Dish is willing to lease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)