EZ Remote...Is it easy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twinrocks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Oregon Coast
Hi, Since my Mom is visually impaired and has problems with the small buttons on the regular Dish remote, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the EZ Remote? Are the number buttons much larger, and it is easy to program? If it is, we need to get one for her. I asked CS one time, but they didn't seem to know. Too bad they can't just send one, or swap one of ours out. Bet there are alot of people who have a hard time seeing the black on black small numbered remotes!

If I buy one, it is better to buy it through Dish, or somewhere else?

DSC00480.JPG

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=46

Those dedicated remotes that came with the 2700/2800/111 receivers would probably be even easier to use seeing how it only operates the satellite receiver and even fewer buttons but it does not operate the television.

i used to sell (or some times give) EZ remotes to older customers that had problems with the dish remotes. I really like them. One thing that I really liked was that a lot of the old farmers out here still have OTA antennas up and still wanted to watch it. The EZ remote has two buttons at the top.. one with a picture of a dish, and one of an antenna. They can be programed so that you just push the satellite button and it... turns on the tv, turns on the receiver, and turns the tv to channel 3(or whatever other channel the tv needs to be on). If you push the antenna button, it turns the tv on, turns the satellite reciever off, and turns to whatever channel you programmed it to. it makes it a whole lot easier at a lot of installs. I also haved used the "antenna" button to setup a quick method for switching to a dvd player. For some reason, my older customers around here have a problem understanding different "inputs" and how to switch between them.
anyway...
I highly recommend the EZ remote. like i said, I've sold a ton, and have never heard anything but good things from my customers with them.

Main question is: Are the number buttons larger and easier to see? It's hard to tell from the photos of the EZ Remote. She does not go to the guide, since she can't see it when she gets there, so she presses in the numbers of the channels she watches. Thanks!

Nothing is local to where we live!! That's part of the problem. I have to buy everything over the internet!!! I will just order from Dish, thanks!

Just out of curiosity where do you live twinrocks, you must live in the boonies like me.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)