F compression connector question

Kathi

Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Twin Cities
I am new to installing Compression F connectors. I purchased a Klein Tools VDV212-009 compression tool, and a ten pack of Ideal compression F connectors
for RG6/RG6Q(uad) along with RG 6 cable, all from Home Depot.

I followed directions to the letter, inserted coax/connector into the tool being sure everything was seated correctly; squeezed and *click* the tool said. When I removed the coax and connector, the connector promptly fell off. A second attempt produced the same result.

I am setting up am XM radio for a blind fellow and the only thing I need to do is run a length of coax to his radio connection.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong???

Kathi :mad:

I am new to installing Compression F connectors. I purchased a Klein Tools VDV212-009 compression tool, and a ten pack of Ideal compression F connectors
for RG6/RG6Q(uad) along with RG 6 cable, all from Home Depot.

I followed directions to the letter, inserted coax/connector into the tool being sure everything was seated correctly; squeezed and *click* the tool said. When I removed the coax and connector, the connector promptly fell off. A second attempt produced the same result.

I am setting up am XM radio for a blind fellow and the only thing I need to do is run a length of coax to his radio connection.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong???

Kathi :mad:
What type of cable stripper did you use, did you pull the braid wire backwards
until you can only see the foil? also once you insert the fitting, make sure the
white plastic comes even with the threads of fitting.. you can also check out
this website: techtoolsupply.com, click on help and then how to install compression fittings, it is a very good video.

I don't know if you did this...

but once you have the semiconductor exposed all the way back , make sure when you're putting the fitting on to see that it sits FLUSH with the plastic jacket. Push it in until it's flush, THEN use the compressor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)